miniOrange ASP.NET SAML 2.0 Connector acts as a SAML Service Provider which can be configured to establish the trust between the connector and a SAML capable Identity Provider to securely authenticate the users into your application.
The connector uses the SAML protocol for exchanging authentication and authorization data with the Identity Provider.
Download the plugin by clicking the link below:
miniOrange ASP.NET SAML 2.0 Connector Features
- Signing: Configure Signed Response and assertion to determine whether SAML authentication response message is digitally signed by the IDP.
- Encryption: Choose whether the SAML assertion is encrypted or not. Encryption ensures that only the sender and receiver can understand the assertion.
- Configurable SP base URL: You can provide custom SP base URL depending upon your Service Provider Configuration.
- Auto-redirect to your application after SSO: The admin can provide an application URL, which will be used as a redirect URL after logging in.
- Attribute Mapping: Map users attribute to session variables, which can be retrieved and used at the application endpoint.
- Single Logout: You can logout of all your applications by a single click.
Steps to Configure the ASP.NET SAML 2.0 Connector
Step 1: Download and Setup the connector on your domain.
- Download miniOrange ASP.NET SAML 2.0 Connector from the above link.
- Setup the connector on the same domain where you have DOT NET application running.
- To Add Application in IIS Manager,
Extract asp-net-saml-connector-xxx.zip and Copy sso-connector folder to path- C:\inetpub\wwwroot.
- Open IIS manager.In left panel right click Default Web Site and click Add Application.
- As given below provide Alias Name that is a webpage Address Name for example Alias Name.
- Give Physical path where you have copied the Application:
Step 2:Give authority to user to make changes in SAML Connector (web.config File).
- Go to this path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\
- Right click the sso-connector and select Properties
- Select the Security tab and click the Edit button.
- Select IIS_IUSRS in under Group or Usernames option.
- After following the steps given above, tick the box in the Permission for IIS_IUSRS container as shown in the figure below:
Step 3: Open SAML ASP.NET Connector on Browser
- Open any browser and go to the following link: http://localhost/
- Register into SSO connector by providing a valid username and password.
- After registration, log in to the dashboard using the credentials you provided during registration.
Step 4: Configure your Identity Provider
- You need to provider these SP Entity ID and ACS URL values while configuring your Identity Provider.
Step 5: In Plugin Settings, use your Identity Provider details to configure the plugin.
- Provide the required settings (i.e. IDP Entity ID, IDP Single Sign On URL, X.509 certificate) in the connector.
Step 6: Test the Configuration
- Click on the Save button to save your settings.
- You can test if the plugin is configured properly or not by clicking on the Test Configuration button.
- You should see a Test Successful screen as shown below along with the user’s attribute values.
Step 7: Login Setup
- Provide your Endpoint URL in Login Setup where you will read your SAML response.
- Add 24-character Encryption Key which will be used to encrypt response and same key will be used to Decrypt the response in login ASP.Net application.
- Click on Save button.
Step 8: Add following link in your application
- Use the following URL as a link in your application from where you want to perform SSO:
<a href="http://base-url/request.aspx”>Log in</a>"
You can configure the miniOrange ASP.NET SAML 2.0 Connector with any Identity Provider such as ADFS, Azure AD, Bitium, Centrify, G Suite, JBoss Keycloak, Okta, OneLogin, Salesforce, AWS Cognito or even with your own custom identity provider.
The miniOrange ASP.NET SAML 2.0 Connector supports C# and Visual Basic languages.
Business trial for free
If you don’t find what you are looking for, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 978 658 9387 to find an answer to your question about ASP.NET SAML Connector.