Bulk User Management for the Jira app, gives the ability to automatically and efficiently manage users in JIRA and automatically deactivate inactive users to save licensed user count. Here we will go through a guide to configure Bulk User management with Jira. By the end of the guide, You can bulk Activate, Bulk Delete and, Automatically Identify inactive users based on their last login time and deactivate users on a regular basis.
To configure Bulk User Management for Jira, you need the following items:
- Jira should be installed and configured.
- Admin credentials are set up in Jira.
- Valid Jira Server or Data center Licence.
Download And Installation
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Navigate to the settings menu and Click Manage Apps.
- Click Find new apps or find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Bulk User Management for JIRA via search.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or buy now to purchase a license for Bulk User Management for Jira.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license.
Step 1: Setup Users Auto Deactivation
- Navigate to the User Management Tab.
- In the MINIORANGE USER MANAGEMENT section, Click on the Deactivate Users section.
- If you want to deactivate a user who has not logged in for X number of days then you can enable the Auto Deactivate Users option and set Days accordingly. By default, it automatically Deactivates a user if login is not done for 30 days.
- If you want to deactivate a never logged-in user then enable the Deactivate Never Logged-In Users.
Step 2: Setup Bulk User Management
- In the MINIORANGE USER MANAGEMENT section, Click on the Bulk User Management section.
- Select the Users for bulk operation using the checkbox associated with it. Now, select the Action that you want to perform on users from the Action drop-down & hit the Apply button.