What is OAuth / OpenID?
OAuth Server / OpenID Connect Server (OAuth 2.0 Server) also known as Authorization Server, It is the modern standard for securing access to APIs & implements network protocol flows which allow a client (OAuth Client) to act on behalf of a user. OAuth Server allows clients to verify the identity of end-users based on the authentication performed by an Authorization Server and also to obtain basic profile (Scope) information about the end-users in an interoperable and REST-like manner.
How does OAuth / OpenID work?
OAuth 2.0 Server is used to set up any Application as Identity Server to allow users to Single Sign-On / Login into their client site/application with login using OAuth / OpenID Connect protocol flows. The primary goal of this OAuth 2.0 server/Oauth Provider is to allow users to interact with multiple apps without requiring them to store sensitive credentials. You can easily configure an OAuth 2.0/OpenID Connect server to protect your API with access tokens, or allow clients to request new access tokens and refresh them.
Joomla OAuth & OpenID Connect Single Sign-On (SSO) plugin enables secure login into Joomla using Bitrix24 as OAuth and OpenID Connect provider. You can also configure the plugin using different Oauth providers such as Azure B2C, Office 365, and other custom providers. It supports advanced Single Sign-On (SSO) features such as user profile Attribute mapping, Role mapping, multi-tenant login, etc. Here we will go through a guide to configure SSO between Joomla and Bitrix24. By the end of this guide, users should be able to login to Joomla from Bitrix24.
click here to know more about other features we provide in Joomla OAuth Single Sign-On ( OAuth & OpenID Connect Client ) plugin
Step 1: Configure Bitrix24 as an OAuth / OpenId Connect Server.
- Go to https://www.bitrix24.com/ and sign up/login to register a new app.
- Under the Add Your App, select For Developers option to continue. Click on the Start Free button.
- From the navigation menu on the left, scroll down and select Application option. Now click on the Add Application option on the top to add an app in Bitrix24.
- Click on Add Application as shown in the image below
- Fill up the form according to your use case and click on the Save button to save your settings.
- Copy your Application ID and Application Key and save it in your miniOrange OAuth Client plugin under Client ID and Client Secret text fields respectively
- Copy the following URLs in your miniOrange OAuth Client plugin and save settings.
| Authorization Endpoint
|| https://[your-id].bitrix24.com/oauth/authorize |
| Access Token Endpoint
|| https://[your-id].bitrix24.com/oauth/token/ |
| Get User Info Endpoint
- Replace com at the end of the base URL [your_id].bitrix24.com with your domain.
- Scopes : entity, user, log, department
- Enter your Bitrix24 Id in place of [your-id]
- Click on Test Configuration to test your configuration.
Step 2: Configure miniOrange Joomla OAuth Client plugin.