Setup Google Apps/G Suite as Identity Provider
Follow the following steps to set up Google Apps / G Suite as an Identity Provider
STEP 1. Login as Administrator
- Go to https://admin.google.com and login with your G Suite administrator account.
- Go to Apps from the left menu and click SAML Apps
STEP 2. Add a SAML app
- Click on the “+” button at the bottom right corner to create a new SAML app.
- Select SETUP MY OWN CUSTOM APP
STEP 3. IDP Information
- Download IDP metadata from option 2. This is necessary for later configuration of the add-on.
- You can also copy G Suite details from Option 1 and download the certificate to configure the add-on manually.
- Click Next.
STEP 4. App Information
- Enter Application Name and Upload logo (optional) for your app.
- Click Next
STEP 5. Service Provider Details
- Enter details from the SP Info tab in the add-on as given below
Information to be entered in G Suite Information to copy from the add-on in SP Info tab ACS URL ACS URL Entity ID SP Entity ID/ Issuer Signed Response ✓ Name ID Format
- Click Next
STEP 6. Attribute Mapping
- Click on Add New Mapping
- Add mapping for first name and last name
- Click on Finish
STEP 7. Turn on
- Go to SAML Apps again.
- Click on the menu against your app and select ON for everyone or ON for some to activate SSO