PingFederate SSO (Single Sign On) for Joomla miniOrange provides a ready to use solution for Joomla. This solution ensures that you are ready to roll out secure access to your Joomla site using PingFederate within minutes.
Step 1:Setup PingFederate as Identity Provider
- In the miniOrange SAML SP SSO plugin, navigate to Service Provider Metadata tab. Here, you can find the SP metadata such as SP Entity ID and ACS (AssertionConsumerService) URL which are required to configure the Identity Provider.
- Login to your PingFederate User Admin dashboard.
- Click on the Identity Provider in the left navigation menu.
- Under SP CONNECTION, click on Create New button.
- Select the Browser SSO Profiles connection template on the Connection Type tab and click Next.
- Select Browser SSO on the Connection Options tab and click Next.
- Select File as the method for importing metadata and click Choose file to choose the miniOrange SSO plugin’s metadata on the Import Metadata tab. Click Next.
- Review the information on the Metadata Summary tab and click Next.
- In the General Info tab ensure that the Service Provider’s Entity ID, Connection Name, and Base URL fields pre-populate based on the metadata. Click Next.
- Navigate to the Browser SSO tab and click on the Configure Browser SSO. You will be redirected to Browser SSO Setup wizard.
1) Select the IdP-Initiated SSO and SP-Initiated SSO options on the SAML Profiles tab and click Next.
2) Enter your desired assertion validity time from on the Assertion Lifetime tab and click Next. By default, it is configured 5 minutes for both.
3) Navigate to the Assertion Creation and click on the Configure Assertion Creation. You will be redirected to the assertion creation setup wizard.
I. In the Identity Mapping tab select STANDARD and click Next.
II. Select a Subject Name Format for the SAML_SUBJECT on the Attribute Contract tab and click Next.
III. Click Map New Adapter Instance on the Authentication Source Mapping.
IV. Select an Adapter Instance and click Next. The adapter must include the user’s email address.
V. Select the Use only the adapter contract values in the SAML assertion option on the Mapping Method tab and click Next.
VI. Select your adapter instance as the Source and the email as the Value on the Attribute Contract Fulfilment tab and click Next.
VII. (Optional) Select any authorization conditions you would like on the Issuance Criteria tab and click Next.
VIII. Click Done on the Summary.
IX. Click Next on the Authentication Source Mapping tab.
X. Click Done on the Summary tab.
XI. Click Next on the Assertion Creation
- Navigate to the Protocol Settings tab of the Browser SSO wizard and click on the Configure Protocol settings.
1) Select POST for Binding and specify the single sign-on endpoint URL in the Endpoint URL field on the Assertion Consumer Service URL Click Next.
2) Select POST on the Allowable SAML Bindings tab and click Next.
3) Select your desired signature policies for assertions on the Signature Policy tab and click Next.
4) Select your desired encryption policy for assertions on the Encryption Policy tab and click Next.
5) Click Done on the Protocol Settings Summary tab.
6) Click Done on the Browser SSO Summary.
- Navigate to the Credentials and click on the Configure Credentials. You will be redirected to the Credentials setup wizard.
1) Select the Signing Certificate to use with the Single Sign-On service and select Include the certificate in the signature element in the Digital Signature Settings tab. Click Done.
2) Click Done on the Summary.
3) Click Next on the Credentials.
- Select Active for the Connection Status on the Activation & Summary tab and click Save.
- Now, navigate to the Ping Federate User Admin dashboardè Identity Provide.
- Click Manage All under SP Connections.
- Click Export Metadata for the desired service provider connection.
- Click Export on the Export & Summary tab and click Done.
Step 2: Configuring Joomla as Service Provider (SP)
- In miniOrange SAML plugin, go to Service Provider Setup Tab. There are two ways to configure the plugin with your IDP(PingFederate-idp):
I. By Uploading PingFederate Metadata.xml file(Recommended):
1. Click on Upload IDP Metadata to upload your IDP(PingFederate-idp) metadata.
2. Choose metadata file and click on Upload.
II. Manual Configuration :
- In miniOrange SAML plugin, go to Service Provider Setup Tab. Enter the following values:
|IDP Entity ID
||Identity Provider Issuer from PingFederate Setup Instructions
|Single Sign-On Service URL
||Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL from PingFederate-idp Setup Instructions
||X.509 Certifiacate from PingFederate Setup Instructions
III. Add a button on your site login page with the following URL:
Step 3: Attribute Mapping (It is Optional to fill this). This is Premium feature.
- Attributes are user details that are stored in your Identity Provider.
- Attribute Mapping helps you to get user attributes from your Identity Provider (PingFederate-idp) and map them to Joomla user attributes like firstname, lastname etc.
- While auto registering the users in your Joomla site these attributes will automatically get mapped to your Joomla user details.
- In miniOrange SAML plugin, go to Attribute Mapping tab and fill in all the fields.
||Name of the username attribute from IdP (Keep NameID by default)
||Name of the email attribute from IdP (Keep NameID by default)
||Name of the Role attribute from your Identity Provider (PingFederate-idp)
- You can check the Test Configuration Results under Service Provider Setup tab to get a better idea of which values to map here.
Step 4: Group Mapping (It is Optional to fill this). This is Premium feature.
- Joomla uses a concept of Roles, designed to give the site owner the ability to control what users can and cannot do within the site.
- Role mapping helps you to assign specific roles to users of a certain group in your Identity Provider (PingFederate-idp).
- While auto registering, the users are assigned roles based on the group they are mapped to.
Step 5: Redirection & SSO Links.
- Go to Login Settings tab. There are multiple features availabe in this tab like Auto redirect the user to Identity Provider and Enable Backed Login for Super Users.To use these features, click on the respective checkboxes.
You have successfully Installed and Configured plugin
miniOrange Joomla SAML Single sign-on(web SSO) supports multiple known IDPs like ADFS, Azure AD, Salesforce, Shibboleth, Onelogin, PingFederate,
SimpleSamlPhp, Google apps, Bitium, OpenAM, miniorange IDP, Centrify and many more.
sso id, onelogin, single sign-on, saml, adfs, Service provider, Joomla extensions, single sign-on sso, Web SSO, miniorange, Joomla plugins, single sign-on solutions, Salesforce sso, saml php, saml authentication, SAML Service provider, saml 2.0 specification, google IDP, assertion consumer service, Joomla saml acs URL, saml issuer, saml claims, Joomla salesforce as Identity Provider, single sign-on solution open-source, saml 2.0 identity provider, saml IDP vs sp, Saml 2.0, SAML SP metadata, saml client, saml library, saml documentation, saml attribute mapping, Joomla SSO, best single sign-on solution, saml relying party, Joomla authentication plugin.
Business Trial For Free
If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 978 658 9387.