Setup Okta as Identity Provider
Follow the steps below to configure Okta as an Identity Provider
Step 1: Configuring Okta as IdP
- Log into Okta Admin Console.
- Click on Add Applications.
- Click on Create New App.
- Click on the SAML 2.0.
- In General Settings, enter App Name and click on Next.
- In SAML Settings, enter the following:
|Single Sign On URL||Enter ACS (AssertionConsumerService) URL from the Identity Provider tab of the module.|
|Audience URI (SP Entity ID)||Enter SP Entity ID / Issuer from the Identity Provider tab of the module.|
|Default Relay State||Enter Relay State from the Identity Provider tab of the module.|
|Name ID Format||Select E-Mail Address as a Name Id from dropdown list.|
|Application Username||Okta username.|
- Configure Attribute Statements and Group Attribute Statement (Optional).
Step 2: Assigning Groups/People
- After creating and configuring the app go to the Assignment Tab in Okta.
- Here we select the peoples and groups you want to give access to log in through this app. Assign this to the people/group you would to give access to.
- After assigning the people/groups to your app, go to Sign On tab.
- Click on View Setup Instructions to get the SAML Login URL (Single Sign on URL), Single Logout URL, IDP Entity ID and X.509 Certificate. You will need this to configure the Service Provider.