If you want to login to your WordPress site using your AWS Coginto username and password, you can simply do it using our WP OAuth Client plugin. Once you configure the AWS Cognito with WordPress plugin, you can sso/login to your WordPress site using AWS Cognito credentials. This plugin also allows you to map your WordPress account different roles based on your AWS Cognito attributes/groups. To know more about other features we provide in WP OAuth Client plugin, you can click here.
Please follow the steps given below to configure your AWS Cognito account with WordPress and setup the Single Sign On.
What is AWS Cognito?
Step by Step guide to configure AWS Cognito as an OAuth/OpenId Connect Server
- Go to https://console.aws.amazon.com/console/home and sign up/login in your account to Configure AWS Cognito.
- Search for Cognito in the AWS Services search bar as shown below.
- Click on Mange User Pools button to see the list of your user pools.
- Click on Create a user pool to create a new user pool.
- Add a Pool Name and click on the Review Defaults button to continue.
- Scroll down and click on the Add App Client option in front of App Clients.
- Click on Add an App Client. Enter an App Client Name and click on Create app client to create an App client.
- Click on Return to Pool Details to come back to your configuration.
- Click on Create Pool button to save your settings and create a user pool.
- In the navigation bar present on the left side, click on the App Client Settings option under the App Integration menu.
- Enter your Callback/Redirect URL which you will get from your miniOrange plugin present on your Client side under the CallBack URLs text-field. Select Authorization code grant checkbox under the Allowed OAuth Flows and also select openid and profile checkboxes under the Allowed OAuth Scopes option (Please refer to the image below). Click on the Save Changes button to save your configurations.
- Click on Choose Domain Name option to set a domain name for your app.
- Enter your Domain Name under the Domain Prefix text-field and click on the Save Changes button to save your domain name.
- Click on App Clients option under the General Settings menu in the left side navigation bar. Then, click on the Show Details button to see your App details like Client ID, Client secret etc.
- Copy the Client App ID and Client App Secret text field values and save them under your miniOrange plugin present on the client side under the Client Id and the Client Secret text fields respectively.
- You can download OAuth Client plugin using the following link.
You have successfully completed your AWS Cognito App OAuth Server side configurations.
AWS Cognito Endpoints and Scope:
|Client ID :||from the step 9 above|
|Client Secret :||from the step 9 above|
|Access Token Endpoint:||https://<cognito-app-domain>/oauth2/token|
|Get User Info Endpoint:||https://<cognito-app-domain>/oauth2/userInfo|
If you are facing any difficulty please mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org.