If you want to login to your WordPress site using your Vimeo username and password, you can simply do it using our WP OAuth Client plugin. Once you configure the Vimeo with WordPress plugin, you can sso/login to your WordPress site using Vimeo credentials. This plugin also allows you to map your WordPress account different roles based on your Vimeo attributes/groups. To know more about other features we provide in WP OAuth Client plugin, you can click here.
Please follow the steps given below to configure your Vimeo account with WordPress and setup the Single Sign On.
Guide to configure Vimeo with WordPress :
- Go to https://developer.vimeo.com/apps and log into your Vimeo account.
- You will be presented with following screen. Click on Create App.
- You will be shown a form where you have to enter Application Information. Fill the form with appropriate information and click on +Add Callback. There will be a new field for the same. Enter callback URL from the MO OAuth Plugin and click on Create App.
- After creating the application, you will be brought to Application Management page. Switch to “Authentication” tab. Here you will find given Client ID and Client Secret.
- Copy these credentials in MO OAuth Plugin configuration on corresponding fields.
- Scroll Down and you will see a Scope section. Choose the scopes you need.
- Enter these scopes in MO OAuth Plugin.
- You can download OAuth Client plugin using the following link.
Vimeo Endpoints and Scope:
|Client ID :||from the step 5 above|
|Client Secret :||from the step 5 above|
|Access Token Endpoint:||https://api.vimeo.com/oauth/access_token|
|Get User Info Endpoint:||https://api.vimeo.com/me|
If you are facing any difficulty please mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org.