Step 1: Configure Reddit as an OAuth/OpenId Connect Server.
- Go to https://www.reddit.com/prefs and Sign up/login in your account.
- Click on Are you a developer? create an app button to create a new App as shown below.
- Enter the name, description and about url for your application. Copy the Redirect/Callback URl from your miniOrange OAuth Client module and save it under the redirect uri text field. Finally, click on the create app button to save your app.
- Copy the Client ID and the Secret (Client Secret) (highlighted in the image below) and save it under the respective text fields in your miniOrange OAuth Client module.
- Copy the values of Authorize, Access and Resource endpoints and save them in your miniOrange OAuth Client module configuration.
Step 2: Configure miniOrange Drupal 8 OAuth Client module.
- Click on the link here to download the miniOrange OAuth Client module.
- Scroll down and download module by clicking in the zip option under Downloads.
- Login in your Drupal 8 site’s admin console and click on Extend from the top navigation bar.
- Select the Install new module option to install a new module on your Drupal 8 site.
- Upload the downloaded zip file of the Module and click on the Install button to continue.
- Select Enable newly added modules.
- Scroll down till you find miniOrange OAuth Client. Click on the checkbox next to it and click on the Install button to enable the module.
- Click on Configuration from the top navigation bar and Select Drupal OAuth client Configuration.
- Register/Login to your miniOrange account.
- Click on the Configure OAuth Client tab and select your OAuth Provider from the Select Application dropdown. In case you do not find your OAuth Provider listed in the dropdown, please select Custom OAuth Provider and continue.
- Enter your OAuth Provider information in their respective fields and click on the Save button to continue. Also, copy the Callback/Redirect URL and save it on your OAuth Provider.
- Now click on the Test Configuration option. This Test Configuration link will give you the list of the attributes that are coming from your OAuth Provider.
- Copy the email and the name attributes and save them under the Attribute & Role Mapping tab in the Email Attribute and Name Attribute text field respectively.
- Now logout and go to your Drupal 8 site’s login page, you will automatically find a Login withYour OAuth Provider link there. If you want to add your login link to other pages as well, please follow the steps given in the below image:
- If you want to check out our complete list of features and our various licensing plans, you can go to the Licensing Plan tab in the module.
- Still, if you are facing any difficulty or if you have any questions in mind, you can reach out to us by submitting a query in the Support tab of a module or by sending us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: This step is mandatory for your login to work. Click on the Save button on the bottom of the page to save your attribute configurations.
Congratulations, you have successfully configured the miniOrange Drupal 8 OAuth Client module.