If you want to login to your WordPress site using your Pinterest username and password, you can simply do it using our WP OAuth Client plugin. Once you configure the Pinterest with WordPress plugin, you can sso/login to your WordPress site using Pinterest credentials. This plugin also allows you to map your WordPress account different roles based on your Pinterest attributes/groups. To know more about other features we provide in WP OAuth Client plugin, you can click here.
Please follow the steps given below to configure your Pinterest account with WordPress and setup the Single Sign On.
Guide to configure Pinterest with WordPress :
- Go to https://developers.pinterest.com/apps/ and log into your Pinterest account.
- You will be presented with following screen. Read the terms check the “I agree” box and then click on Create app.
- You will be shown a popup with form where you have to enter Application Name and Description. Fill the form with appropriate information and click on Create.
- After creating the application, you will be brought to Application Management page. Here you will find given App ID and App Secret. These are your Client ID and Client Secret.
- Copy these credentials in MO OAuth Plugin configuration on corresponding fields.
- Scroll down to Platforms section. Here you will find a field for Redirect URIs. Add the same from MO OAuth Plugin.
- Click on Save Settings.
- You can download OAuth Client plugin using the following link.
Pinterest Endpoints and Scope:
|Client ID :||from the step 4 above|
|Client Secret :||from the step 4 above|
|Access Token Endpoint:||https://api.pinterest.com/v1/oauth/token|
|Get User Info Endpoint:||https://api.pinterest.com/v1/me/|
If you are facing any difficulty please mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org.