Two Factor Authentication (2FA) for Bitbucket app, gives the ability to enable 2FA for Bitbucket Software. Bitbucket Software is compatible with all Authenticator Apps. Here we will go through a guide to configure 2FA between Bitbucket and Google Authenticator. By the end of this guide, Bitbucket users should be able to log in and register to Bitbucket Software with the second factor of Authentication.
Steps to configure miniOrange 2-Factor Plugin
1. Navigate to Two Factor Settings(2FA/TFA) tab.
2. Enable 2 Factor Authentication – For Enabling 2FA for users click on Enable the 2 Factor Authentication for Bitbucket users & click on Save.
3. Enable Backup Method – Admin can also enable the Security Question as Backup Method in case of an emergency login.
Working of miniOrange 2-Factor Plugin
A. 2FA is not configured.
1. Welcome Message for users – The following screen will be shown to users after activating the plugin where it tells the user about enabling 2FA.
2. Configure the Google Authenticator app – Once the user clicks Next, the Google Authenticator setup screen will be shown.
3. Configure the backup Method – Once Google Authenticator is configured successfully & if the Backup method is activated, the user will see the screen below where the user needs to configure the Security Question based on his knowledge.
The user will get access to Bitbucket after saving the valid information.
B. 2FA is Configured & perform login
1. Enter the passcode for Google Authenticator – When 2FA is enabled and the user wants to access Bitbucket, The user will see the screen below where the user has to provide a valid Google Authenticator passcode.
2. Enter the answer for the Security Questions – In the case of an emergency, if the user does not have access to his phone then the user can use the Forgot phone option. This option will be visible to the user only if Admin has enabled the Backup method during configuring the 2FA plugin. After clicking Forgot Your phone, the user will see the screen below where they need to provide correct answers to respective questions to access Bitbucket.
Note:- Users need to notify the administrator if they have configured 2FA but unable to access Bitbucket.
C. User Management
Here you can see the list of all the active users, And all 2FA operations can be performed on these active users.
1. 2FA for Single User – Enter the name of the user in the Search Bar for whom you want to perform the operation and hit the search button, the user with that name will appear. And then in the Action column, select the required Action.
2. 2FA for Multiple Users – Select the users, in the Bulk 2FA Action drop-down list select the action you want to perform. And then hit Apply Button.
3. 2FA for All Users – In Bulk 2FA Action Dropdown list under All users Section select necessary Action and hit Apply Button.
4. 2FA for Single Group – Enter the name of the group in the Search Bar for which you want to perform the operation and hit the search button, the group with that name will appear. And then in the Action column, select the required Action.
5. 2FA for Multiple Groups – Select the Groups, in the Bulk 2FA Action drop-down list select the action you want to perform. And then hit Apply Button.
D. Reconfigure 2FA After reset
When reset Action is performed for users. Users can reconfigure the Authenticator. Navigate to the Profile tab click on Two Factor configuration option. And then the user can configure their 2Fa and the Backup method.