User Sync & Group Sync app syncs user and group information from Oracle Identity Cloud Service (IDCS) to Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket. Users, groups and directory details can by synced user group attributes. Sync can be performed manually, scheduled to run after set time intervals, or during user login.
This way the administrator only needs to manage user accounts in Oracle Identity Cloud Service (IDCS). This reduces the administration time required to create users and groups in Atlassian modules such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket.
Download And Installation
- Log into your atlassian instance as admin.
- Navigate to the settings menu and Click Manage Apps.
- Click Find new apps or Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate miniOrange User and Group Sync app.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license.
Step 1: Setup Oracle Identity Cloud Service (IDCS)
- Access the Oracle Identity Cloud Service administration console, select Applications, and then click Add.
- Click on Confidential Application.
- Enter the name of your Application and select Display in My Apps option under Display Settings section. And then click on the Next button.
- Enable Configure this application as a Oauth Client now. Select Client Credentials and Refresh Token as your Allowed Grant type.
- In the Redirect URL enter the Callback URL from the plugin. Eg: <server-base-url>/plugins/servlet/usersync/callback. Replace <server-base-url> with your Atlassian module Server BaseURL.
- You can select Scope as per your requirement and under Grant the client access to Identity Cloud Service Admin APIs section, add App Role according to your requirement. And click on Next button.
- Under Expose APIs to Other Applications section, enable skip for later option and click on the Next button.
- Under Web Tier Policy section, enable skip for later option and click on the Next button.
- Enable Enforce Grants as Authorization checkbox, if you want only users to the access application which you granted acccess to it and click on the Finish button.
- Assign the users/groups to your application by clicking on the Users / Groups tab respectively.
- Activate the application, once it gets created.
Step 2: Setup User Sync & Group Sync app.
- In this step, You will be Setup User Sync & Group Sync app. I believe you have oracle API, oracle Domain URL from Step 1 of this page. Now, proceed with the User Sync & Group Sync Configuration in Atlassian module.
||Enter unique name which you can identify in applist after configuration.
|G Suite ClientId
||Enter Oracle Cloud Client ID which you will find in Credentials in the left panel.
|G Suite Client Secret
||Enter Oracle Cloud Client secret which you will find in Credentials in the left panel.
|Regex on Username
||Enter the regex and replacement to change the username received from Cloud application. For eg: To transform firstname.lastname@example.org to demouser, enter (.*)@.* as regex and $1 as replacement.
|Set Scheduler Time Interval
||To synchronize user and group information, choose the scheduler time interval.
|Enable Import Users
||To import all active Oracle Cloud Users with their groups.
|Enable Update Users
||If you wish to update existing User in Atlassian module.
- Click on Save Settings.
- Now you need to click on Synchronize to trigger the Sync operation.
- Auto-sync for all user will work as per scheduler time which configured previously.
- Single User Sync & Group Sync will work when user logging into Atlassian module.
If you are looking for anything which you cannot find, please drop us an email on email@example.com