Using this app, you can authenticate the Application APIs using any third party OAuth/OIDC provider or API Tokens. The app supports Azure AD,
Keycloak, Okta, AWS Cognito, Google, Github, Slack, Gitlab, Facebook and any custom provider.
Atlassian provides REST APIs to perform a number of operations such as Create Page, Delete Page, Add Comment, Create Space, etc.
However, it supports only two authentication methods for REST APIs:
- Basic Authentication
- Using OAuth 1.0
The REST API Authentication plugin allows you to use any third party OAuth 2.0 provider/ OpenID connect to authenticate REST APIs. Here we will go through a guide to configure Azure AD as Provider.
Download And Installation
- Log into your atlassian instance as admin.
- Navigate to the settings menu and Click Manage Apps.
- Click Find new apps or Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate API Token/OAuth Authentication app.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license.