Step 1: Download Metada XML file from IdP
- Go to IDP METADATA tab. Click on Download XML Metadata button. Keep this XML file to configure your SP.
Step 2: Setting SAML in AWS AppStream
- Login to your Amazon Web Services (AWS) Console as an admin.
- Click on Services Tab. Under Security, Identity, & Compliances, click on IAM (Identity and Access Management).
- From the left-hand side list, click on Identity Providers and then click on Create Provider button in the right section.
Step 3: Configure IdP in AWS AppStream
- In the Configure Provider, select SAML as Provider type from the drop-down list.
- Enter any Provider Name (e.g Miniorange).
- Click on Choose File button and choose a metadata file that you have already downloaded in Step 1, then click on Next Step.
- In the next screen, you will be shown your entered provider information. Verify it and click on the Create button. The SAML Provider is created and it should be listed in the Provider table.
Step 4: Create/Add Role
- Now click on Roles from the left-hand side list and then click on Create role button.
- In the Create Role section, click on SAML 2.0 federation tab.
- Under Choose SAML 2.0 Provider, select the SAML Provider that you have created previously i.e Miniorange.
- After that, choose Allow programmatic access only radio option.
- Select SAML:aud option from the Attribute drop-down list.
- Enter the value as https://signin.aws.amazon.com/saml.
- Then, click on Next: Permissions button.
- Check the Policy Name AmazonEC2ReadOnlyAccess and click on Next: Tags button.
- Then, skip Step Add Tags (Optional) by clicking on Next:Rreview button.
- In the next step, enter Role name and click on Create Role button.
- Click on your created role name.
- In the Summary section, click on the trusted relationship tab and copy Role ARN and Trusted Entities value.
- Keep the values with you in comma separated format. For example- arn:aws:iam::656620318436:role/SSORole,arn:aws:iam::656620318436:saml-provider/miniorange
Step 5: Configuring Drupal as Identity Provider (IDP)
Step 6: Add attributes for AWS AppStream
- Enter the value https://aws.amazon.com/SAML/Attributes/RoleSessionName in the Attribute Name field and select E-Mail Address from the Attribute Value dropdown list.
- Click on the '+' icon besides Additional User Attributes to add another set of attributes and enter the value https://aws.amazon.com/SAML/Attributes/Role in the Attribute Name field and enter the machine name whose value here (arn:aws:iam::656620318436:role/SSORole,arn:aws:iam::656620318436:saml-provider/miniOrange) you want to send to SP.
select Custom Attribute Value from the Attribute Value list and in the Custom Attribute Value, enter comma separated value that created in step 3 e.g.[arn:aws:iam::656620318436:role/SSORole,arn:aws:iam::656620318436:saml-provider/miniOrange].
- Now you have successfully configured miniOrange Drupal SAML IDP with AWS appstream as SP.
If you are looking for anything which you cannot find, please drop us an email on email@example.com