Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for TalentLMS ( Learning Management System ) Single Sign On (SSO):
Step 1: Configure Drupal as an Identity Provider ( IDP )
- Go to Drupal SAML IDP module on the Dashboard and select Service Providers Setup tab.
- Enter the following information into the corresponding fields. Click on Save Configuration.
|Service Provider Name:
|SP Entity ID or Issuer:
|Single Logout URL (optional):
|| Check to sign the SAML Assertion.
- Go to the IDP Metadata tab. Here, you can find the Identity
Provider metadata such as IDP Entity ID / Issuer, SAML Login URL, SAML Logout URL and Certificate which are used to configure the
Service Provider ( TalentLMS ).
Step 2: Configure attributes in the module ( This is a premium feature )
- Go to the Mapping Tab in the Drupal SAML IDP module. In the Add custom Attributes
section, enter the following information. Click on Save Configuration.
|SP Attribute Machine Name
||IdP Atrribute Name
Step 3: Configure TalentLMS ( e-Learning ) as Service Provider ( SP )
- Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Administrator, go to Home > Account & Settings > Users and click Single Sign-On (SSO).
Enter the following values in resepctive fields:
- SSO integration type: From the drop-down list, select SAML2.0.
- Identity provider ( IdP ): Type the domain of SAML 2.0 identity provider.
- Certificate fingerprint: Download the Certificate from IDP Metadata as mention in Step 1 and Open it in notepad. Copy and paste the content here.
- Remote sign-in URL: You can find this in IDP Metadata as SAML Login URL as mention in Step 1.
- Remote sign-out URL: You can find this in IDP Metadata as SAML Logout URL as mention in Step 1.
- The remaining fields are used for naming the SAML variables that contain the user data required by TalentLMS and provided by Drupal IdP. Those are optional, and they can be left blank for most SAML IdP deployments. In that case, their default values are applied.
||Attribute Mapping values provided from IDP
- Group: The names of the groups of which the user is a member. This variable may be assigned a single string value or an array of string values for more than one group name. When there is a group by the same name in your TalentLMS domain, the user is automatically registered in that group at their first log-in. The user is also enrolled in all the courses assigned to that group.
- Click Save and check your configuration. If everything is correct, you’ll get a success message that contains all the values pulled from your IdP.
If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 978 658 9387 to find an answer to your question about Drupal SAML IDP module.