WordPress OAuth & OpenID Connect Single Sign-On (SSO) plugin enables secure login into WordPress using AutoDesk as OAuth and OpenID Connect provider.
You can also configure plugin using different custom providers and standard IDPs.
It supports advanced Single Sign-On (SSO) features such as user profile Attribute mapping, Role mapping, etc.
Here we will go through a guide to configure SSO between WordPress and AutoDesk.
By the end of this guide, users should be able to login to WordPress from AutoDesk.
To know more about other features we provide in WP OAuth Single Sign-On ( OAuth & OpenID Connect Client ) plugin,
you can click here.
Download And Installation
- Log into your WordPress instance as an admin.
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard -> Plugins and click on Add New.
- Search for a WordPress OAuth Single Sign-On(SSO) plugin and click on Install Now.
- Once installed click on Activate.
Steps to configure AutoDesk Single Sign-On (SSO) Login into WordPress
Step 1: Setup AutoDesk as OAuth Provider
- First of all, go to https://forge.autodesk.com/ and sign up/login.
- Click on Create App to create a new applicationt.(refer to image below).
- Fill up the basic information about your app in Application information section.
- Enter the name you want for your application under App Name field and enter brief description about your application under Add Description field.
- Add Callback/Redirect URI from miniOrange OAuth Client plugin under Callback Url field and click Create App to create a new application
- After successful creation of your app you will get information like Client Id, Client Secret etc.
- Copy your Client Id and Client Secret and paste it on your miniOrange OAuth Client plugin configuration under Client Id and Client Secret field.
- You have Successfully completed your Meetup OAuth Server Side Configuration.
|Client ID :
|| from the step 3 above
|Client Secret :
|| from the step 3 above
|| user:read user-profile:read
|Access Token Endpoint:
|Get User Info Endpoint:
You have successfully configured AutoDesk
as OAuth Provider for achieving AutoDesk login into your WordPress Site.
Step 2: Setup WordPress as OAuth Client
- Go to Configure OAuth tab and configure App Name, Client ID, Client Secret from provided Endpoints.
- openid is already filled but if it doesn't work then configure scope as User.Read and for fetching group info use scope is Directory.read.all.
- Click on Save Settings to save the configuration.
You have successfully configured WordPress as OAuth Client for achieving AutoDesk login into your WordPress Site.
Step 3: User Attribute Mapping.
- User Attribute Mapping is mandatory for enabling users to successfully login into WordPress. We will be setting up user profile attributes for WordPress using below settings.
Finding user attributes
- Go to Configure OAuth tab. Scroll down and click on Test Configuration.
- You will see all the values returned by your OAuth Provider to WordPress in a table. If you don't see value for First Name, Last Name, Email or Username, make the required settings in your OAuth Provider to return this information.
- Once you see all the values in Test Configuration, go to Attribute / Role Mapping tab, you will get the list of attributes in a Username dropdown.
Step 4: Login Settings / Sign In Settings.
- The settings in SSO Settings tab define the user experience for Single Sign On. To add a login widget on your WordPress page, you need to follow below steps.
Sign In Settings
- Go to WordPress Left Panel > Appearances > Widgets.
- Select miniOrange OAuth. Drag and drop to your favourite location and save.
- Open your WordPress page and you can see the login button there. You can test the SSO now.
In this Guide, you have successfully configured AutoDesk Single Sign-On (SSO) by configuring AutoDesk as OAuth Provider and WordPress as OAuth Client using our WP OAuth Single Sign-On ( OAuth & OpenID Connect Client ) plugin. This solution ensures that you are ready
to roll out secure access to your WordPress site using AutoDesk login credentials within minutes.
Mail us on email@example.com for quick guidance(via email/meeting) on your requirement and our team will help you to select the best suitable solution/plan as per your requirement.