WordPress OAuth & OpenID Connect Single Sign-On (SSO) plugin enables secure login into WordPress using Bitrix24 as OAuth and OpenID Connect provider.
You can also configure plugin using different custom providers and standard IDPs.
It supports advanced Single Sign-On (SSO) features such as user profile Attribute mapping, Role mapping, etc.
Here we will go through a guide to configure SSO between WordPress and Bitrix24.
By the end of this guide, users should be able to login to WordPress from Bitrix24.
To know more about other features we provide in WP OAuth Single Sign-On ( OAuth & OpenID Connect Client ) plugin,
you can click here.
Download And Installation
- Log into your WordPress instance as an admin.
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard -> Plugins and click on Add New.
- Search for a WordPress OAuth Single Sign-On(SSO) plugin and click on Install Now.
- Once installed click on Activate.
Steps to configure Bitrix24 Single Sign-On (SSO) Login into WordPress
Step 1: Setup Bitrix24 as OAuth Provider
- Go to https://www.bitrix24.com/ and sign up/login to register a new app.
- Under the Add Your App, select For Developers option to continue. Click on the Start Free button.
- From the navigation menu on the left, scroll down and select Application option. Now click on the Add Application option on the top to add an app in Bitrix24.
- You will be redirected to the following page. Click on Add Application.
- Click on Add Application as shown in the image below
- Fill up the form according to your use case. Enter the Redirect / Callback URL from the plugin in Specify URL field and click on the Save button to save your settings.
- Copy your Application ID and Application Key and save it in your miniOrange OAuth Client plugin under Client ID and Client Secret fields respectively.
|Client ID :
||Refer screenshot 5
|Client Secret :
||Refer screenshot 5
|Access Token Endpoint:
|Get User Info Endpoint:
You have successfully configured Bitrix24
as OAuth Provider for achieving Bitrix24 login into your WordPress Site.
Step 2: Setup WordPress as OAuth Client
- Go to Configure OAuth tab and configure App Name, Client ID, Client Secret from provided Endpoints.
- openid is already filled but if it doesn't work then configure scope as User.Read and for fetching group info use scope is Directory.read.all.
- Click on Save Settings to save the configuration.
You have successfully configured WordPress as OAuth Client for achieving Bitrix24 login into your WordPress Site.
Step 3: User Attribute Mapping.
- User Attribute Mapping is mandatory for enabling users to successfully login into WordPress. We will be setting up user profile attributes for WordPress using below settings.
Finding user attributes
- Go to Configure OAuth tab. Scroll down and click on Test Configuration.
- You will see all the values returned by your OAuth Provider to WordPress in a table. If you don't see value for First Name, Last Name, Email or Username, make the required settings in your OAuth Provider to return this information.
- Once you see all the values in Test Configuration, go to Attribute / Role Mapping tab, you will get the list of attributes in a Username dropdown.
Step 4: Login Settings / Sign In Settings.
- The settings in SSO Settings tab define the user experience for Single Sign On. To add a login widget on your WordPress page, you need to follow below steps.
Sign In Settings
- Go to WordPress Left Panel > Appearances > Widgets.
- Select miniOrange OAuth. Drag and drop to your favourite location and save.
- Open your WordPress page and you can see the login button there. You can test the SSO now.
In this Guide, you have successfully configured Bitrix24 Single Sign-On (SSO) by configuring Bitrix24 as OAuth Provider and WordPress as OAuth Client using our WP OAuth Single Sign-On ( OAuth & OpenID Connect Client ) plugin. This solution ensures that you are ready
to roll out secure access to your WordPress site using Bitrix24 login credentials within minutes.
Mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org for quick guidance(via email/meeting) on your requirement and our team will help you to select the best suitable solution/plan as per your requirement.