miniOrange OAuth/OpenID module for Drupal gives the ability to enable OAuth/OpenID Single Sign On for your Drupal site. The Drupal OAuth Client module is compatible with all the OAuth/OpenID Providers. Here we will go through a guide to configure SSO between Drupal and Google Apps. By the end of this guide, Google apps users should be able to login and register to your Drupal site.
If you have any doubts or queries you can contact us at email@example.com
. We will help you to configure the module.
Step 1: Configure Google Apps as an OAuth Server
- Go to https://console.developers.google.com/ and Sign up/Login.
- Click on Select Project.
- Click on NEW PROJECT button to create a new project or else select one from the existing projects.
- Enter your Project name under the Project Name field.
- Now, again click on Select Project (highlighted in the image below) and select the newly
created Project by clicking on the project name that you entered in the previous step.
- Click on ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES to enable Google PLUS API.
- Search for Google PLUS API in the search bar and click on Google+ API from the search results.
- Click on the ENABLE option to enable Google+ API.
- Go to Navigation Menu->APIs & Services-> Credentials.
- Click on Create Credentials button and then select OAuth Client ID from the options
- In case you are facing some warning saying that To create an OAuth Client ID, you
must first set a product name on the consent screen (as shown in below image). Click on the
Configure Consent Screen button.
- Enter your application name under the Application Name Shown to Users field. Click on the Save
button to save your settings.
- Select Web Application from the options below Application Type. Enter the name you want
for your Client under the Name field and enter the Redirect/Callback URI from
miniOrange OAuth Client module under the Authorized redirect URIs field.
- Click on the Create button to save your configurations.
- Copy your Client ID and Client Secret and save it on your miniOrange OAuth Client module
- Google apps Endpoints and scope:
Client ID :
from the step above
Client Secret :
from the step above
Access Token Endpoint:
Get User Info Endpoint:
Step 2: Configure miniOrange Drupal OAuth Client module.
- Login in your Drupal site’s admin console and click on Extend from the top navigation bar.
- Select the Install new module option to install a new module on your Drupal site.
- Upload the downloaded zip file of the Module and click on the Install button to continue.
- Select Enable newly added modules.
- Scroll down till you find miniOrange OAuth Client. Click on the checkbox next to it and click on the Install button to enable the module.
- Click on Configuration from the top navigation bar and Select Drupal OAuth client Configuration.
- Click on the Configure OAuth Client tab and select your OAuth Provider from the Select Application dropdown. In case you do not find your OAuth Provider listed in the dropdown, please select Custom OAuth Provider and continue.
- Enter your OAuth Provider information in their respective fields and click on the Save button to continue. Also, copy the Callback/Redirect URL and save it on your OAuth Provider.
- Now click on the Test Configuration option. This Test Configuration link will give you the list of the attributes that are coming from your OAuth Provider.
- Copy the email and the name attributes and save them under the Attribute & Role Mapping tab in the Email Attribute and Name Attribute text field respectively.
Please note: This step is mandatory for your login to work. Click on the Save button on the bottom of the page to save your attribute configurations.
- If your OAuth Provider supports only HTTPS Root URL or Base URL (for eg. Azure, Azure B2C) you can change it under Sign In Settings tab.
- Now logout and go to your Drupal site’s login page, you will automatically find a Login withYour OAuth Provider link there. If you want to add your login link to other pages as well, please follow the steps given in the below image:
- If you want to check out our complete list of features and our various licensing plans, you can go to the Upgrade Plan tab in the module.
- If you want to purchase any of the paid version of the module, you have to register/login with us in Register/Login tab.
- Still, if you are facing any difficulty or if you have any questions in mind, you can reach out to us by submitting a query in the Support tab of a module or by sending us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations, you have successfully configured the miniOrange Drupal OAuth Client module.