WordPress OAuth / OpenID connect Single Sign-On plugin enables login into your WordPress site using OAuth and OpenID Connect providers like Facebook and other custom and standard providers. It supports advanced SSO features like user profile attribute mapping, role mapping etc. To know more about other features we provide in WP OAuth Single Sign-On ( OAuth / OpenID Connect Client ) plugin, you can click here.
Download And Installation
- Log into your WordPress instance as an admin.
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard -> Plugins and click on Add New.
- Search for a WordPress OAuth Single Sign On plugin and click on Install Now.
- Once installed click on Activate.
Step 1: Setup Facebook as OAuth Provider
- First of all, Login/ Signup in Facebook developer console at https://developers.facebook.com/
- Go to My apps .
- Click on Create app to create a new app.
- Select what your app is going to work for.
- Enter the required details and click on create app.
- Complete the security check and click on Submit button.
- Select Facebook Login by clicking on the set up button .
- Select Facebook Login -> Settings under Products option in the navigation bar .
- Under Client OAuth Settings, enter the Callback/Redirect URL (from your miniOrange Oauth Client plugin) in the Valid OAuth Redirect URIs field. Click on the Save button to save your configurations.
Most importantly, your Callback/Redirect URI should be https and not http. It is mandatory while configuring Facebook as an OAuth Server.
- Go to Settings -> Basic to view your App Id and App Secret Refer to the image below).
- Copy your App ID and your App Secret and save it in your miniOrange OAuth Client Plugin/Module. (under client id and client secret field respectively).
- Change you app status from In Development to Live by clicking on OFF as shown in the image below. Then, click on confirm to confirm your change of status.
Facebook Endpoints and Scope:
|Client ID :
|Client Secret :
|| Click Here
|| public_profile email
|Access Token Endpoint:
|Get User Info Endpoint:
Step 2: Setup WordPress as OAuth Client
- Go to the Configure OAuth tab in the Plugin and search for Facebook app in the applications list, and select the Facebook app.
- Then, configure App Name, Client ID, Client Secret and Endpoints.
- Enter Scope value as public_profile email.
- Click on Save Settings to save the configuration.
Step 3: User Attribute Mapping.
- User Attribute Mapping is mandatory for enabling users to successfully login into WordPress. We will be setting up user profile attributes for WordPress using below settings.
Finding user attributes
- Go to Configure OAuth tab. Scroll down and click on Test Configuration.
- You will see all the values returned by your OAuth Provider to WordPress in a table. If you don't see value for First Name, Last Name, Email or Username, make the required settings in your OAuth Provider to return this information.
- Once you see all the values in Test Configuration, go to Attribute / Role Mapping tab, you will get the list of attributes in a Username dropdown.
Step 4: Login Settings / Sign In Settings.
- The settings in SSO Settings tab define the user experience for Single Sign On. To add a login widget on your WordPress page, you need to follow below steps.
Sign In Settings
- Go to WordPress Left Panel > Appearances > Widgets.
- Select miniOrange OAuth. Drag and drop to your favourite location and save.
- Open your WordPress page and you can see the login button there. You can test the SSO now.
Additional Add-Ons And Plugin Integrations
Allows to integrate user attribute information fetched from OAuth / OpenID Identity Providers (IDP) with the user's BuddyPress profile.
Page and Post Restriction
Protects the pages/posts of your site with OAuth/OpenID Connect compliant IDP login
page & restrict the access to the site based on the user roles.
Login Form Add-On
Provides a Login form for OAuth/OpenID login instead of button. It relies on OAuth/OpenID sso plugin to have Password Grant configured.
miniOrange Media Restriction add-on restricts unauthorized users from accessing the media files on your WordPress site.
Discord Role Mapping
Discord Role Mapping add-on helps you to get roles from your discord server and maps it to WordPress users while SSO.
LearnDash Integration will map the SSO users to LearnDash groups as per the group attributes sent by your Identity Provider.
Attribute Based Redirection
Attribute Based Redirection plugin can be used to restrict and redirect users to different URLs based on OAuth/OpenID attributes.
SCIM User Provisioning
SCIM User Provisioning allows you to sync user's creation, updation and deletion from your IDP to WordPress site.
SSO Session Management
SSO session management add-on manages the login session time of your users based on their WordPress roles.
Membership Level based Login Redirection
This add-on allows to redirect users to custom pages based on their membership levels after Single Sign-On. Plugin Checks user’s membership level during every login, so any update on the membership level doesn’t affect redirection.
SSO Login Audit
SSO Login Audit captures and tracks all the SSO users and generates reports.
Mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org for quick guidance(via email/meeting) on your requirement and our team will help you to select the best suitable solution/plan as per your requirement.