1. Password Synchronization and User Migration using
Import users from the Active Directory to the Joomla site and sync user password from
Joomla to Active Directory.
In this use-case we use 2 Add-Ons with Joomla LDAP plugin.
1) Import Users :- This add-on imports users from LDAP Active Directory into Joomla. It
checks whether a
user is present in the Joomla site or not and if the user is not present, it creates the user. If the
user already exists, it updates the user's details. This is performed for all the users present on the
2) Password Sync :- If a user wants to change or update password on Joomla, then this
add-on, syncs the same password to LDAP Active directory.
Joomla LDAP plugin connects the Active Directory and Joomla. In which all the users present in the LDAP
server or Active Directory are migrated to the Joomla site using the Joomla LDAP plugin using import
users from AD add-on. Because of Password Sync Add-On users on Joomla end, update or change their
passwords. When a password
is changed or updated, it is automatically synced to LDAP Server or the Active Directory, and the user
may login with the revised password.
2. Connect Multiple Azure AD Tenants to Single
To authenticate users from multiple azure tenants using a single application.
1) Client having different tenants in Azure AD server with different domains.
2) Users having different roles in that tenants.
3) Client wants to connect these multiple tenants to Joomla Application using single Client ID and
4) Client created a Single Application in Azure AD under which we store multiple tenants with different
5) Now we connect this single Application to Joomla Application using Single Client ID and Client
6) Successful connection between Azure AD as OAuth Provider and Joomla is OAuth Server