Free LinkedIn Social Login for Shopify
LinkedIn is an extremely popular social platform that is mainly used for professional networking.
Through LinkedIn people all around the world can connect socially.
It helps people in putting themselves out there by sharing their education and experience, building connections and networking professionally.
The platform at its core is a social networking application that allows people to make new contacts and build connections.
Login with LinkedIn to Shopify is extremely easy. Just follow the steps below to add LinkedIn login to your Shopify store.
Step 1: Add LinkedIn Social Login App to your Shopify Store :
- Visit to https://apps.shopify.com/miniorange-social-login on Shopify marketplace. Click on Add app to install it on your store.
- Once you have installed it, it will take you to the social login application Dashboard. Then, click on LinkedIn.
- If you don't want to setup your custom app then please click on Setup app in just one click. Click on Save. This will setup your LinkedIn application for Shopify.
- That is all you require to do to add LinkedIn Social Login to Shopify. To Setup a custom app for LinkedIn, please follow the steps below.
Step 2: Configure Custom App for LinkedIn Login :
- Go to http://developer.linkedin.com/ and click on Create Apps and sign in with your linkedin account.
- If you don't have a linked in page click on Here to create a new page.
- Click on Auth and enter Callback URL as Redirect URLs(from your social login Instructions) and click on Update
- On the same page you will be able to see your Client ID and Client Secret under the Application credentials section.
- Go to the Product tab.
- For r_liteprofile and r_emailaddress scope permission, Find Sign In with LinkedIn and click on Select.Check the legal agreement check box and Click on Add Product.
- For w_member_social scope permission Find Share on LinkedIn and click on Select.Check the legal agreement check box and Click on Add Product, This permission required for social sharing.
- Note: Wait till Linkedin approves your permission.
Step 3: Set Credentials for LinkedIn Application
- Copy the Client Id and Client Secret from LinkedIn and Paste them into the fields in LinkedIn Login Instructions screen on the Social login app.
- Click on the Save button to save the credentials. Then, Click on the Test Configuration button.
- A window will appear and ask you to login to your LinkedIn account. This is to Test Configuration for LinkedIn. Please Login to LinkedIn to check the login process.
- Another window from the app will pop-up that the test configuration was successful. That means your Custom app was set properly.
- Go to the App Dashboard and click on the toggle button on LinkedIn icon to activate LinkedIn login button.
- Now, You can see the LinkedIn social Login button is activated on your Shopify Store.
If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +1 978 658 9387.