Login using Joomla Users ( Joomla as SAML IDP ) plugin gives you the ability to use your Joomla credentials to log into Tableau. Here we will go through a step-by-step guide to configure SSO between Tableau as Service Provider and Joomla as an Identity Provider.
Pre-requisites : Download And Installation
Steps for Integration of Joomla Single Sign-On (SSO) with Tableau as Service Provider
1. Configure Tableau as the Service Provider (SP)
- Go to Tableau and Log in to your Tableau Dashboard as Admin.
- Go to Settings > Authentication.
- Click on checkbox of Enable an additional authentication method and then click on SAML
- Click on Edit Connection > Export Metadata. OR note down the SP Entity ID and Assertion Consumer Service URL (ACS URL) and Download Certificate which will be needed to configure the plugin
- You will need to put metadata of IDP as Joomla by click on Browse button then Apply
- You will need to configure User Attributes to be sent in the SAML response which Tableau
needs to log in the user. You can do this under the Match Attributes. Note the attributes required from Tableau.
- Click on Test Configuration.
- You want to add user to enable SSO in the Tableau dashboard. Click on Add User and select as per your concern.
- You can see the following screen after a successful SSO.
In this, you have successfully integrated Tableau - SAML Single Sign-On (SSO) with plugin- Login using Joomla Users ( Joomla as SAML IDP ). Configuring Tableau as SP and Joomla as IDP. This solution ensures that you are ready to roll out secure Single Sign-On (SSO) access with SAML 2.0 Authentication into Tableau using Joomla login credentials.
2: Configuring Joomla as Identity Provider (IDP)
- Download SAML 2.0 IdP for Joomla from Here.
- Login to the administrator section of your Joomla 4 website :–
- From the dashboard of Joomla 4 site. Click on System to install the plugin
- Under System Install Extentions
- Drag and drop your miniorange-joomla-saml-idp.zip file in the area indicated in the image below or browse and select the file to install the plugin.
- Now go to Components miniOrange Joomla IDP Service Provider
- Under Service Provider tab and fill in the Service Provider Name, SP Entity ID or Issuer, ACS URL and NameID Format. You will get these details from the Service Provider that you are using. Fill in the other fields according to your requirements. Click on Save.
Enter the following values:
|Service Provider Name
||Choose appropriate name according to your choice .
|SP Entity ID or Issuer
|| Service Provider Entity ID .
|| SP Assertion Consumer Service URL .
|X.509 Certificate (optional)
[For Signed Request]
||Paste certificate value you copied from the Metadata file .
- Click on NameID Attribute tab. Select the NameID Attribute and then click on Save Button.
Miniorange Joomla SAML Single Sign-On (SSO) supports multiple known SPs like Panopto, Lucid charts, Agylia LMS, Moodle, Inkling SP, Zendesk, Tableau, Owncloud, miniOrange Wordpress SAML SP, Drupal SAML SP, Workplace by Facebook, Salesforce, Zoho, Klipfolio and many more.
You have successfully completed your miniOrange SAML 2.0 IDP configurations. Still, if you are facing any difficulty please mail us on
If you would like to test out the plugin to ensure your business use case is fulfilled, we do provide a 7-day trial. Please drop us an email at email@example.com
requesting a trial. You can create an account with us using this link.
24*7 Active Support
If you face any issues or if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you want some additional features to be included in the plugin, please get in touch with us, and we can get that custom-made for you. Also, If you want, we can also schedule an online meeting to help you Setup the Joomla SAML IDP Single Sign-On plugin.