VKontakte Login for Shopify
VKontakte (Popularly known as VK) is a Russian online social media and social networking service provider. Like most social media networks you can add friends, gain followers, and post photos on VKontakte.
The standout difference is that VK is geared toward Eastern European users, particularly Russian. In fact, it’s the most popular social media platform in Russia by far. It boasts over 70 million active daily users and 3 billion daily page views.
Learn how to enable your users to use their existing VKontakte account to login/register without having to remember another set of username and password to login to shopify store.
Step 1: Add Social Login App to your Shopify Store :
- Visit https://apps.shopify.com/miniorange-social-login on Shopify marketplace. Click on Add app to install it on your store.
- Once you have installed it, it will take you to the social login application Dashboard. Here, please click on VKontakte application.
- If you don't want to setup your custom app then please click on Setup application in just one click. Then, Click on Save. This will setup your application for Shopify.
- That is all you require to do to add Login with VKontakte button to Shopify. To Setup a custom app for VKontakte, please follow the steps below.
Step 2: Configure Custom App for Shopify VKontakte Login :
- Go to https://new.vk.com/dev/ and sign in with your VKontakte developer account.
- On VKontakte developers page, Click on the My Apps button and then click on Create app button.
- Enter App name and select Website as the platform.
- Copy the Website Address and Base Domain from the instructions page and paste it in the respective fields. Now click on Connect Website button.
- You will be required to confirm your request with a code (OTP) send via SMS or a Phone Call
- On information tab fill all app details.
- Click on Settings tab from the left hand side menu and enter Authorized redirect URL from the instructions page and paste it in the provided field. Click on Save button.
- On the same (settings) page you can find App ID and Secure Key. Copy the App ID and Secure Key and paste it on instructions page as Client ID and Client Secret respectively.
Step 3: Complete Setup of VKontakte Login on Shopify :
- Copy the Client Id and Client Secret form above setup and Paste them into the fields in Instructions.
- Click on the Save button to save the credentials. Then, Click on the Test Configuration button.
- A notification from the app will pop-up that the test configuration was successful. That means your Custom app was set properly.
- Now, You can see the VKontakte Social Login button is activated on your Shopify Store. This will allow users to connect to your shopify store using VKontakte application.
If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 978 658 9387.