WordPress OAuth Server plugin enables Single Sign-On (SSO) into the Tribe app using your WordPress username and password. Once you configure the Tribe with WP OAuth Server plugin, you can login to your Tribe application using WP credentials. OAuth Server plugin also allows you to send custom WordPress user attributes to your Tribe app as per your requirements. To know more about other features we provide in WP OAuth Server plugin, you can click here.
Download And Installation
- Log into your WordPress instance as an admin.
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard -> Plugins and click on Add New.
- Search for a WordPress OAuth Server Single Sign-On (SSO) plugin and click on Install Now.
- Once installed click on Activate.
Steps to configure WordPress Login into Tribe
Step 1: Setup WordPress as OAuth Server
- NOTE: To perform SSO, Tribe needs "email" and we provide email attribute in the Premium version of our plugin. Hence, the below configuration that you see is of the Premium version of WP OAuth Server plugin.
- Go to miniOrange OAuth Server on the left side menu and click on Add Client button to create a new client.
- Enter Client name as you want. Enter the Redirect / Callback URL provided by Tribe under the Authorized Redirect URI field and click on Save Client button.
- Note down Client ID, Client Secret, Endpoints and Scope to configure in your OAuth Client.
Step 2: Setup Tribe as OAuth Client
- Login to your Tribe application and click on admin panel button on the right..
- Click on Apps to create a new OAuth Application (refer to image below).
- Search for OAuth2 SSO and click on Install button.
- In the general settings, copy the Redirect URL highlighted below and paste it in Redirect URL while configuring app in miniOrange..
- Get "Client-ID", "Client Secret" and other general settings from the OAuth server and paste it in your Tribe Configuration from step 1.
- Enter the scope (email, openid, profile) and SSO button domain supported by the application. Click on Update.
|Client ID :
|| Click Here
|Client Secret :
|| Click Here
|| profile openid
|| https://< your-wordpress-domain >/wp-json/moserver/authorize
|Access Token Endpoint:
|| https://< your-wordpress-domain >/wp-json/moserver/token
|Get User Info Endpoint:
||https://< your-wordpress-domain >/wp-json/moserver/resource
In this Guide, you have successfully configured Single Sign-On (SSO) into Tribe
app with WordPress as OAuth Provider and Tribe as OAuth Client using our WP OAuth Server plugin.This solution ensures that you are ready to roll out secure access to your Tribe app using WordPress site credentials within minutes.
Mail us on email@example.com for quick guidance(via email/meeting) on your requirement and our team will help you to select the best suitable solution/plan as per your requirement.