Mendix is a high productivity app platform that enables you to build and continuously improve
mobile and web applications at scale. The Mendix Platform is designed to accelerate enterprise
app delivery across your entire application development lifecycle, from ideation to deployment
Mendix enables you to implement both Agile and DevOps best practices. It even goes beyond
that by involving business stakeholders in the actual development of the applications.
Mendix offers both no-code and low-code tooling in one single fully integrated platform:
No Code - Mendix offers both no-code and low-code tooling in one single fully integrated platform:
Low Code – an extensive and powerful desktop-based visual modeler is also provided, which
is tailored towards professional developers and can be integrated with coding IDEs to extend
The result of this no-code and low-code combination is that business domain experts (like
analysts and citizen developers) can work alongside expert developers to achieve much greater
levels of alignment and accelerated delivery. Moreover, the Mendix Platform’s cloud-native
architecture and automation tools support the deployment, management, and monitoring of
highly available enterprise-grade applications.
How Authentication Against an Idp (Joomla Site) Works
When authenticating against an identity provider (IdP), the following steps are taken:
- The client (user) requests a page/resource from Mendix.
- Mendix redirects the authentication request to the IdP by redirecting the client (user)there.
- The IdP contacts the client and presents a login page.
- The client authenticates against the IdP, then the IdP generates a SAML token and sends it
back to the client, where it will be stored as a cookie.
- The SAML token is sent to the Mendix Server by redirecting the client user agent back to the
- After authentication, Mendix redirects the client to the page requested initially.
- The client now requests the page requested initially.
- Now that a security context exists, Mendix responds with the requested resource (page).
With miniOrange SAML SSO solution you can configure Joomla site (IDP) with the Mendix site. This
allows the users to authenticate with Joomla site (IDP) based on their Email address. Get all your
user details and choose to auto provision users if necessary all from a single installation
of a miniOrange sso service.
Benefits of using miniOrange SSO Solution:
- Ease of Access: For the end users, it reduces the responsibility of managing multiple
sets of usernames and passwords.
- Manage Users and Groups from a central place: miniOrange offers simple and user-
friendly UI Interface for user/group management through a single platform for
add/update a user/group and controlling user/group rights. All user/group operations
are synced from miniOrange admin dashboard to apps.
- Manage Users on existing system: With Auto sync and JIT (Just in Time Provisioning)
administrators can manage their users in their own existing system without having to
move users or maintain them in multiple applications.
- Future Proof: If your apps grow in future which need SSO (either SAML based or non-
SAML based), then easily deploy access to these applications for your users with few
- Cost effective: No hassle of building or managing a new system for Single Sign On. With
user-reverification system make sure only the relevant and active users are using the
applications at all times thus reducing the overall cost.
Business Trial For Free
If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 978 658 9387.