Implement Shopify Apple Login for your Store
Configure login using apple for any Shopify store. Allow your customers to login to Shopify using their Apple ID in just three easy steps. Social Login by miniOrange provides you with functionality and utility effortlessly in just one click. With our Apple login for Shopify, you will provide users with the simplicity to purchase anything on your store with just one click.
What is Social Login?
Social Login allows users to connect to any website using various networking platforms such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter. It is a form of single sign-on for users designed and implemented to make logging in easier for end-users. Using social login users can sign into any third-party website without having to create an account.
How does Social Login Works?
The social login process is extremely simple. Users come to your website and select whichever social login provider they want to login. They fill in their details on the social network provider’s site. Once the authentication process is completed by the social provider the user can start using your WordPress website. If they are a new user then they are registered and if they are an existing user they are logged in.
Shopify Apple Social Login (Apple Single Sign-On (SSO)) for Shopify Store can be achieved by using our Shopify Social Login Application.
To know more about other features we provide in Shopify Social Login Application, you can click here.
Steps to Configure Apple Social Login into Shopify
Step 1: Add Social Login App to your Shopify Store
Follow the steps below to configure Apple Social login in Shopify
Configure Apple Social Login
- Visit to https://apps.shopify.com/miniorange-social-login on Shopify marketplace. Click on Add app to install it on your store.
- Once you have installed it, it will take you to the social login application Dashboard. Here, please click on Apple Login Icon.
- If you don't want to setup your custom app then please click on Setup app in just one click. Then, Click on Save. This will setup your Apple application for Shopify.
- That is all you require to do to add Login with Apple button to Shopify. To Setup a custom app for Apple, please follow the steps below.
Step 2: Configure Custom App for Shopify Apple Login :
- Go to https://developer.apple.com click on Account and Login with your Apple developer account.
- Click on Certificates, Identifiers and Profiles in Apple Account.
- In the left menu Click on Identifiers and after that click on the Plus Icon (blue color). Click on Continue for the next 2 pages of Apple Account.
- Enter Description and Bundle ID for the App ID (The Bundle ID is best when it’s a reverse-dns style string).
- In the Capabilities section scroll down and select Sign in with Apple. Click on Edit and Select Enable as a Primary App Id. Click on Save. Click on Continue, then Click on Register.
- In the right corner click on Continue, then click on Register button.
- Again click the Plus icon (blue color). Select Service IDs and click on Continue.
- Enter Description and Identifier (Identifier would be your client id - Copy this id and Paste in the above field of Client ID). Click on Continue and then Click on the Register button.
- Click Keys from the left side menu. Click on the Plus icon to register a new key.
- Give your Key a name, select Sign In with Apple and click on Configure button
- Select your Primary Id and click on the Save button. After that at the right corner click on Continue and Register button.
- Click on the Download button. Once the key is downloaded click on the Done button.
- In the left menu click on Identifiers.
- At the right top click on App IDs.
- Select Service IDs from the drop down menu.
- Select your Service Id from the List.
- Select Sign In with Apple and click on Configure button
- Select the Primary App Id from the drop down, and Enter the Domain and the Redirect URL in Domains and Subdomains and Return URLs respectively. Click on the Next button. (You will get the Domain name and Redirect URL from miniOrange social login plugin)
- Verify the details and click on the Done button. After that at the right corner click on the Continue button.
- Copy the Identifier value and click on the Save button.
Step 3: Complete Setup of Apple Login on Shopify
- Copy the Identifier value and paste it as Client ID in the Social Login App. Copy the Downloaded key value and paste it asClient Secret in the Social Login App.
- Click on the Save button to save the credentials. Then, Click on the Test Configuration button.
- A window will appear and ask you to login to your Apple account. This is to Test Configuration for Apple login to Shopify.
- Once you login with your Apple ID, a notification from the app will pop-up that the test configuration was successful. That means your Custom app was set properly.
- Go to the App Dashboard and click on the toggle button on Apple icon to activate Apple login button so that people can sign-in to your store using Connect with Apple.
- Now, You can see the Apple social Login button is activated on your Shopify Store. This will allow users to perform shopify apple login.
You have successfully configured Apple Social Login for your Shopify Store.
If you are looking for anything which you cannot find, please drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org