How to Configure One-Time Password Authentication (OTP Verification) ?
Based on time-synchronization between the authentication server (that is Handler of miniorange) and the client providing the one time password OTP (OTPs are valid only for a short period of time) Using an algorithm to generate a new password based on the previous password.
How OTP get verified from Handler ?
The miniOrange handler i.e server verifies the OTP by hashing the phone (mobile) number, OTP sent by the user, and the expiry timestamp that was (for time limit) appended with the hash, the user sent back. Using the same key and same algorithm. If the expiry timestamp is valid and still in the future. And the newly generated hash matches the one sent by the user. Then OTP gets verified.
Why miniorange OTP Plugin for Joomla ?
miniOrange Joomla OTP Verification plugin verifies Email Address/Mobile Number of users by sending verification code (OTP) during registration. It removes the possibility of a user registering with fake Email Address/Mobile Number.
Step 1: Download and install miniOrange OTP Verification Plugin
- Download the plugin zip file.
- Login as administrator in Joomla.
- Go to ExtensionsManageInstall.
Here you have three options to choose from to install your extension. In most cases, you should go with the first option. The three options are:
- Upload Package File
- Install from Directory
- Install from URL
- Install the plugin.
- Choose miniOrange Joomla OTP Verification file to install.
Step 2: Register/Login into miniOrange account
- Go to ComponentsminiOrange OTP VerificationAccount Setup.
- In Account Setup tab, enter your email id and password to register/login into miniOrange account. Once you have registered with the plugin then you'll get 10 free SMS and 10 free Email transactions for testing purposes.
Step 3: Configuring the plugin
- Go to ComponentsminiOrange OTP Verification.
- Click on 'Settings' tab.
- You can use "Enable Email Verification and Phone Verification during Registration time here.
- Click on Save Settings.
- You can also Allow or Restrict the particular Domain usages during Registration time (it is an optional feature).
- Click on Save Settings.
- If you want to select your default country code then click on Custom settings tab and select the default country from the dropdown. Also, you can block a particular country by using Block Country Code feature.
- You can also add your own messages for Success OTP, Error OTP, Invalid format and many more by using Custom messages feature given in the Custom message tab. You can also enter the message in any language like English, French, Spanish, etc.
Step 4: Add custom phone field during register in Joomla.
- Inorder to enable phone field on registration form go to Extensions Plugins.
- In search field search user, click on User - Profile.
- Change dropdown of Phone from Disabled to Required click on Save.
- Enable the User - Profile field.
miniOrange Authentication and Single Sign-on products have ready integrations with a number of leading providers, these ready solutions allow enterprises quickly increase the security of information and resources without worrying about time for initial set up or future upgrades.
Click here to see our step by step guide for Single Sign on.
Click here to see our step by step guide for Strong Authentication.
If you dont find what you are looking for, Please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +1 978 658 9387 to find an answer to your question about Single Sign on or Strong Authentication.