LDAP Login Cloud catered towards sites hosted on shared web hosts which do not allow to install plugin dependencies such as cURL and PHP LDAP. It also assists in cases where a secure LDAP connection needs to be made between the website hosted on a shared host and an on-premise LDAP Directory.
Step 2: Setup miniOrange LDAP/AD Login for cloud plugin
- Register/Login into miniOrange account.
- Once you are successfully logged in, then LDAP Configuration tab will be shown. Enter the LDAP server URL. Click on Contact LDAP Server button.
- Once the connection is established successfully, then proceed for further configuration. Enter the Service Account DN and Service Account Password, LDAP Search Base and LDAP Search filter for your LDAP implementation.
- Click on Test Connection and Save.
Step 3: Setup Role Mapping
- In the Role Mapping tab, set the Role Attribute. This is the user attribute which stores the Distinguished Names of all groups the user is a part of.
- Set the Default Role. The user will be assigned the default role upon user creation as well as after authentication against directory credentials.
- Enable Role Mapping. This option allows to turn off assignment of default role to the user authentication with directory credentials.
- There is an option to map different security groups to WordPress roles in the premium versions. Through this, a user belonging to a security group which is mapped to a WordPress role will be assigned the mapped role after authentication with directory credentials.
- Click on Save Mapping.
Step 4: Setup Attribute Mapping
- In the Attribute Mapping section, there are different mappings for the Email, Phone, First Name and Last Name attributes. The LDAP attributes are mapped to the WordPress profile fields (First Name, Last Name and Email fields). After authentication, the profile information will be retrieved from the directory and profile information updated.
- There is an option to have custom profile attributes synced from the directory upon authentication in the premium versions. Such custom profile information is stored in the user meta table.
- Click on Save Configuration.
miniOrange Authentication and Single Sign-on products have ready integrations with a number of leading providers, these ready solutions allow enterprises quickly increase the security of information and resources without worrying about time for initial set up or future upgrades.
Click here to see our step by step guide for Single Sign on.
Click here to see our step by step guide for Strong Authentication.
If you dont find what you are looking for, Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 978 658 9387 to find an answer to your question about Single Sign on or Strong Authentication.
Watch the videos to learn more