Setup NTLM Authentication using miniOrange add on:
Step 1: Computer Account Creation
- Log in on the Domain Controller (DC) with the Administrator user.
- Create a new computer account.
- Change password of computer account using this command. The computer account name ends with $
Step 2: AD Configuration
Use the following steps to configure AD.
- Domain Name (preWindows 2000)): Enter your AD domain name is your NetBios or PreWindows 2000 Name. Please find steps to get NetBiosName here
- Domain Controller Host Name/IP Address: Enter your Hostname or IP address of the domain controller machine. Use nslookup <domain_name> to get IP address from your Host Name.
- Simple (non-FQDN) Host Name: This is your machine hostname. Run the command hostname on your DC machine to find the simple hostname, e.g. EC2AMAZ-0I8J83M
- Computer Account for Connection (Created in Step 1): Computer Account Name should be entered in this format: accountNamefirstname.lastname@example.org
- Computer Account Password: Enter the password for the above Computer Account
- Server Location: Enter the installation directory of your instance. Specify only the base path of the directory. e.g. C:\Atlassian\ or /home/Atlassian/
- Click on Save.
Step 3: Download Libraries
- Edit the web.xml file present in “/conf/” directory and include the NTLM filter provided in the plugin.
- Click here to download
- Restart your server to apply the above changes.
Step 4: Enable NTLM Authentication
Select Enable NTML Authentication and click on Save.