WordPress OAuth & OpenID Connect Single Sign-On (SSO) plugin enables secure login into WordPress using Twitch as OAuth and OpenID Connect provider.
You can also configure plugin using different custom providers and standard IDPs.
It supports advanced Single Sign-On (SSO) features such as user profile Attribute mapping, Role mapping, etc.
Here we will go through a guide to configure SSO between WordPress and Twitch.
By the end of this guide, users should be able to login to WordPress from Twitch.
To know more about other features we provide in WP OAuth Single Sign-On ( OAuth & OpenID Connect Client ) plugin,
you can click here.
Download And Installation
- Log into your WordPress instance as an admin.
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard -> Plugins and click on Add New.
- Search for a WordPress OAuth Single Sign-On(SSO) plugin and click on Install Now.
- Once installed click on Activate.
Steps to configure Twitch Single Sign-On (SSO) Login into WordPress
Step 1:Setup Twitch as OAuth Provider
- First of all, go to Twitch Console and Login/Signup.
- Go to https://dev.twitch.tv/console . Click on Applications ->Register Your Application .
- Enter your Application name under the Name field.
- Enter the Redirect/Callback URI from miniOrange OAuth Client plugin/module under the OAuth Redirect URL field.
- Select a Category.
- Click on Create button.
- Click on Manage.
- Click on New Secret button.
- Copy your Client ID and Client Secret and save it on your miniOrange OAuth Client plugin Configuration.
- You have successfully completed your Twitch Oauth Server side configurations.
Step 1.1: Twitch Subscription Mapping Add-on [Optional]
Twitch Endpoints and Scope:
|Client ID :
|| from the step 9 above
|Client Secret :
|| from the step 9 above
For more scopes click here.
|Access Token Endpoint:
|Get User Info Endpoint:
You have successfully configured Twitch
as OAuth Provider for achieving Twitch login into your WordPress Site.
Step 2: Setup WordPress as OAuth Client
- Go to Configure OAuth tab and configure App Name, Client ID, Client Secret from provided Endpoints.
- openid is already filled but if it doesn't work then configure scope as User.Read and for fetching group info use scope is Directory.read.all.
- Click on Save Settings to save the configuration.
You have successfully configured WordPress as OAuth Client for achieving Twitch login into your WordPress Site.
Step 3: User Attribute Mapping.
- User Attribute Mapping is mandatory for enabling users to successfully login into WordPress. We will be setting up user profile attributes for WordPress using below settings.
Finding user attributes
- Go to Configure OAuth tab. Scroll down and click on Test Configuration.
- You will see all the values returned by your OAuth Provider to WordPress in a table. If you don't see value for First Name, Last Name, Email or Username, make the required settings in your OAuth Provider to return this information.
- Once you see all the values in Test Configuration, go to Attribute / Role Mapping tab, you will get the list of attributes in a Username dropdown.
Step 4: Login Settings / Sign In Settings.
- The settings in SSO Settings tab define the user experience for Single Sign On. To add a login widget on your WordPress page, you need to follow below steps.
Sign In Settings
- Go to WordPress Left Panel > Appearances > Widgets.
- Select miniOrange OAuth. Drag and drop to your favourite location and save.
- Open your WordPress page and you can see the login button there. You can test the SSO now.
In this Guide, you have successfully configured Twitch Single Sign-On (SSO) by configuring Twitch as OAuth Provider and WordPress as OAuth Client using our WP OAuth Single Sign-On ( OAuth & OpenID Connect Client ) plugin. This solution ensures that you are ready
to roll out secure access to your WordPress site using Twitch login credentials within minutes.
Mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org for quick guidance(via email/meeting) on your requirement and our team will help you to select the best suitable solution/plan as per your requirement.