WordPress OAuth & OpenID Connect Single Sign-On (SSO) plugin enables secure login into WordPress using VATSIM as OAuth and OpenID Connect provider.
You can also configure plugin using different custom providers and standard IDPs.
It supports advanced Single Sign-On (SSO) features such as user profile Attribute mapping, Role mapping, etc.
Here we will go through a guide to configure SSO between WordPress and VATSIM.
By the end of this guide, users should be able to login to WordPress from VATSIM.
To know more about other features we provide in WP OAuth Single Sign-On ( OAuth & OpenID Connect Client ) plugin,
you can click here.
Download And Installation
- Log into your WordPress instance as an admin.
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard -> Plugins and click on Add New.
- Search for a WordPress OAuth Single Sign-On (SSO) plugin and click on Install Now.
- Once installed click on Activate.
Steps to configure Vatsim Single Sign-On (SSO) Login into WordPress
Step 1: Setup vatsim as OAuth Provider
You have successfully configured Vatsim as OAuth Provider for achieving Vatsim login into your WordPress Site.
Step 2: Setup WordPress as OAuth Client
- Go to the Configure OAuth tab in the Plugin and search for VatSim in the applications list, and select VatSim.
- Then, configure App Name, Client ID, Client Secret and Endpoints.
- Enter Scope value as full_name.
- Click on Save Settings to save the configuration.
You have successfully configured WordPress as OAuth Client for achieving Vatsim login into your WordPress Site.
Step 3: User Attribute Mapping.
- User Attribute Mapping is mandatory for enabling users to successfully login into WordPress. We will be setting up user profile attributes for WordPress using below settings.
Finding user attributes
- Go to Configure OAuth tab. Scroll down and click on Test Configuration.
- You will see all the values returned by your OAuth Provider to WordPress in a table.
- Once you see all the values in Test Configuration, go to Attribute / Role Mapping tab, you will get the list of attributes in a Username dropdown.
Step 4: Login Settings / Sign In Settings.
- The settings in SSO Settings tab define the user experience for Single Sign-On. To add a login widget on your WordPress page, you need to follow below steps.
Sign In Settings
- Go to WordPress Left Panel > Appearances > Widgets.
- Select miniOrange OAuth. Drag and drop to your favourite location and save.
- Go to your site-URL on private window and you will be able to see Login button with display name you have given.
- You have successfully logged in. Now you will be able to access your WordPress profile.
In this Guide, you have successfully configured Vatsim Single Sign-On (SSO) by configuring Vatsim as OAuth Provider and WordPress as OAuth Client using our WP OAuth Single Sign-On ( OAuth & OpenID Connect Client ) plugin. This solution ensures that you are ready to roll out secure access to your WordPress site using Vatsim login credentials within minutes.
Mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org for quick guidance(via email/meeting) on your requirement and our team will help you to select the best suitable solution/plan as per your requirement.