Add Google login to your Shopify store
Whether you are browsing the web, sending emails, or watching Vidoes, a Google account has become essential in our day to day life. So whenever any platform provides the opportunity to Login with Google, all types of users jump on it. With our Social Login App for Shopify we bring you this feature for absolutely free. Social Login by miniOrange provides you with functionality and utility effortlessly in just one click. With our Google login for Shopify you will provide users with the simplicity to purchase anything on your store with just one click. To know how to add Google login to Shopify please follow the steps below.
Step 1: Add Google Social Login App to your Shopify Store :
- Visit to https://apps.shopify.com/miniorange-social-login on Shopify marketplace. Click on Add app to install it on your store.
- Once you have installed it, it will take you to the social login application Dashboard. To get started with Google login please click on Google.
- If you don't want to setup your custom app then click on Setup app in just one click. Then, Click on Save. This will setup your Google login application for Shopify.
- That is all you require to do to add Google button to Shopify. Instead, you can setup a custom app for Google. To do this please follow the steps below.
Step 2: Configure Custom App for Google Login :
- Go to Google developers console at https://console.developers.google.com/ and sign up/Login with your Google developer account.
- Click on Create Project to create a new Google Apps Project (refer to image below).
- Enter your Project name under the Project Name field.Next,Click on create button.
- Now, again click on Select a Project (highlighted in the image below) and select the newly created Project by clicking on the project name that you entered in the previous step.
- Go to Navigation Menu APIs & Services Oauth consent screen.
- Select External as an User type with a Google Account.
- After In OAuth consent screen tab Enter Application name and add your site’s domain name to the Authorized domains section.(from Social Login by miniOrange app). You should also fill out the basic contact information:
- Click on Credentials then Click on Create credentials button and then select OAuth Client ID from the options provided.
- Select Web Application the options below Application Type.
- Enter the Application name and enter the Redirect/Callback URI from Social Login by miniOrange app on Shopify under the Authorized redirect URIs field.
- Click on the Create button to save your configurations.
- Copy your Client ID and Client Secret and save it in your Social Login by miniOrange app on Shopify (under the client id and client secret fields respectively).
Step 3: Set Credentials for Google Application
- Copy the Client Id and Client Secret from the Google Developers Console and Paste them into the fields in Google Login Instructions screen on the Social login app.
- Click on the Save button to save the credentials. Then, Click on the Test Configuration button.
- A window will appear and ask you to login to your Google account. This is to Test Configuration for Google Login. Login with Google.
- A notification from the app will pop-up that the test configuration was successful. That means your Custom app was set properly.
- Go to the App Dashboard and click on the toggle button on Google icon to activate Google login button so that people can sign-in to your store using Connect with Google.
- Now, You can see the Google social Login button is activated on your Shopify Store. This will allow users to connect to your store using Google.
If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +1 978 658 9387.