DNN OAuth Single Sign-On (SSO) module gives the ability to enable OAuth Single Sign-On for your DotNetNuke site.Using Single Sign-On you can use only one password to access your DotNetNuke site and services. Our module is compatible with all the OAuth compliant Identity providers. Here we will go through a step-by-step guide to configure Single Sign-On (SSO) between DNN and OneLogin considering OneLogin as OAuth Provider.
Download and install module in DotNetNuke
- Download the DNN Oauth Single Sign On module with above link.
- Extract the package and upload the extension dnn-oauth-single-sign-on_xxx_Install by going to Settings > Extension > Install Extension
Step 1: Adding Module on DNN page
- Open any of the page on your DNN site (Edit mode) and Click on Add Module .
- Search for oauthclientsso and click on the oauthclientsso. Drag and drop the module on the page where you want.
- You have finished with the Installation of the module on your DNN site.
- If you want to add module on every page of your dnn site, go to Module Settings >> Module Settings >> Advanced Settings.
- Check the box for Display Module on All Pages and click on Update.
Step 2: Configure OneLogin as OAuth Provider
- Go to Module Settings >> oauthclientsso Settings
- You can see the Oauth / Openid providers list.
- Search your OAuth Provider application here 'OneLogin' or click on your OAuth Provider application from the given applications.
- If your Application/ Server Name is not there in default list. You can click on Custom OAuth 2.0 App or Custom OpenID Connect App to add custom OAuth/OpenID Connect Server.
- Note: For Default Applications in the default list, endpoints and scopes are auto-filled. But you can change it if required.
- To configure OAuth Provider application, go to https://app.onelogin.com/login and log into your Onelogin account.
- You will be presented with following screen. Hover on Applications and then click on Applications.
- You will be shown a search list. Search for “OIDC” (OpenID Connect) and click on the search result as shown below.
- You will be shown a configuration screen. Fill the application name and other details as required, then click on Save.
- You will be redirected to the app details page. Go to Configuration tab and enter Redirect URL from DNN OAuth module and click on Save.
- Go to SSO tab. There you will find the Client ID and Client Secret. Copy Client/App ID and Client secret and paste it under Client Id and Client secret in DNN OAuth module configuration window.
Step 3: Test Configuration
- After saving settings, you can see the list of applications you have configured.
- Click on Edit to update the configuration.
- Click on Test Configuration to check if the configuration is correct.
- On successful configuration, you will get Attributes Name and Attribute Values on Test Configuration window.
Step 4: Mapping the basic attributes
- Go to the oauthclientsso settings >> Advanced Settings >> Attribute Mapping.
- Map email and username with Attribute Name you can see in Test Configuration window.
Step 5: Adding widget
- For adding the widget go to Add Widget.
- Click on Add Widget button. A button will be added on the DNN page.
You can configure the ASP.NET SAML 2.0 Single Sign-On (SSO) module with any Identity Provider such as ADFS, Azure AD, Bitium, Centrify, G Suite, JBoss Keycloak, Okta, OneLogin, Salesforce, AWS Cognito, OpenAM, Oracle, PingFederate, PingOne, RSA SecureID, Shibboleth-2, Shibboleth-3, SimpleSAML, WSO2 or even with your own custom identity provider.