Login using WordPress Users ( WP as SAML IDP ) plugin gives you the ability to use your WordPress credentials to log into RocketChat. Here we will go through a step-by-step guide to configure SSO between RocketChat as Service Provider and WordPress as an Identity Provider.
Note: Premium Version is required to set up SSO to RocketChat.
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for RocketChat Single Sign On (SSO)
Step 1: Download and Setup the plugin
- Login to WordPress using Administrator account.
- Download / Install this plugin - Login using WordPress Users ( WP as SAML IDP ) and activate it. You will see WordPress IDP in your WordPress menu bar in the Dashboard.
- Click on the WordPress IDP option in the menu bar, and select IDP Metadata tab. Here, you can find the Identity
Provider metadata such as Certificate , Login URL and Logout URL which are used to configure the
Service Provider (RocketChat).
Step 2: Configure RocketChat as Service Provider
Step 3: Configure WordPress as the
- Go to WordPress IDP Plugin on the Dashboard and select Service Providers tab.
- Enter the following information into the corresponding fields. Click Save.
|Service Provider Name
|SP Entity ID or Issuer
|| Check to sign the SAML Assertion.
Step 4: Configure attributes in the plugin (This is a premium feature)
- Select Attribute/Role Mapping. In the User Attributes section, enter the following information. Click Save.