Login with Google for PrestaShop
In our day to day life Google has become an essential commodity.
Everywhere we go we use Gmail for emails, YouTube to watch videos, and Google search engine to Google anything and everything.
Implementing Google social login on your PrestaShop Store is of utmost importance.
Not only does it provide an ease of access to your store but it will also ficilitate an increase in your user registrations.
To know how to add Google login to your website follow the steps below.
Also, if you need any assistance, click on the Need Help button below.
Step 1: Configure Google app for login to PrestaShop :
- Go to Google developers console at https://console.developers.google.com/ and sign up/Login with your Google developer account.
- Click on Create Project to create a new Google Apps Project (refer to image below).
- Enter your Project name under the Project Name field.Next,Click on create button.
- Now, again click on Select a Project (highlighted in the image below) and select the newly created Project by clicking on the project name that you entered in the previous step.
- Go to Navigation Menu APIs & Services Oauth consent screen.
- Select External as an User type with a Google Account.
- After In OAuth consent screen tab Enter Application name and add your site’s domain name to the Authorized domains section.(from Social Login by miniOrange app). You should also fill out the basic contact information:
- Click on Credentials then Click on Create credentials button and then select OAuth Client ID from the options provided.
- Select Web Application the options below Application Type.
- Enter the Application name and enter the Redirect/Callback URI from Social Login by miniOrange app on PrestaShop under the Authorized redirect URIs field.
- Click on the Create button to save your configurations.
- Copy your Client ID and Client Secret and save it in your Social Login by miniOrange app on PrestaShop (under the client id and client secret fields respectively).
Step 2: Setup Google login in PrestaShop Module :
- Install Social Login Module by miniOrange. Then go to Module Manager.
- Once you have installed it, click on Configure to go to the Social login application dashboard.
- This will take you to the social login dashboard. Here, please click on Google.
- Copy the Client Id and Client Secret from the Google Developer and Paste them into the fields in Google Login Instructions screen on the Social login app.
- Click on the Save button to save the credentials. Then, Click on the Test Configuration button.
- A window will appear and ask you to login to your Google account. This is to Test Configuration for Google. Login with your Google account to complete the login process.
- A notification from the app will pop-up that the test configuration was successful. That means your Custom app was set properly.
- Go to the App Dashboard and click on the toggle button on Google icon to activate Google login button so that people can sign-in to your store using Connect with Google.
- Now, You can see the Google social Login button is activated on your PrestaShop Store. This will allow users to connect to your store using Google.
If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +1 978 658 9387.