HOW TO SETUP OTP VERIFICATION ULTIMATE MEMBER REGISTRATION FORM.
1. Go to Forms Section in the plugin.
2. Search and Select Ultimate Member registration form from the list.
3. Click on Ultimate Member registration form.
4. Choose between SMS Verification or Email Verification.
5. Select your Verification Type and click on the Save Settings button.
6. Click on “Click here” link to see your list of forms.
7. Click on Edit link of your form and add a new Mobile Number/Phone Number Field from the list of predefined fields.
8. Enter/select the User meta key from the phone field. Click on update button to save your form.
9. Go back to plugin settings and save the same meta_key used in the previous step.
10. Go to your registration page, fill all the required fields and Click on “Register”.
11. A pop-up should come up asking you to verify yourself. Enter the OTP received and click on Validate OTP.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO VALIDATE THE USER ON THE FORM ITSELF WITHOUT SHOWING A POPUP?
Yes, it is possible to Validate user on the form itself without showing a pop up for OTP Validation.
Just enable the “Do not show a popup. Validate user on the form itself” option.
You can set your Verification Button text that shows up on the registration form for sending OTP.
HOW TO PREVENT USERS FROM USING DUPLICATE PHONE NUMBERS?
Yes, it is possible to prevent users from using the same phone number twice for registration.
Just enable the “Do not allow users to use the same phone number for multiple accounts.” option.
HOW TO CHANGE OTP LENGTH AND VALIDITY PERIOD.
If you are on the miniOrange Gateway Plan then :
1. Click here to learn how to change the OTP Length that users receive.
2. Click here to learn how to change validity period of the OTP Length.
If you are on the Your Gateway Plan then :
1. Go to OTP Settings Section in the plugin.
2. Look under OTP Properties section in the plugin to set your OTP Length and Validity period.
HOW TO CHANGE THE BODY/TEXT OF THE SMS AND EMAIL GOING OUT.
Yes, it is possible to customize both the Email and SMS OTP Message that goes out to your users. The steps vary depending on the plan you are on.
For miniOrange Gateway Plan:
If you are on the miniOrange Gateway Plan then click here and follow the steps given.
For Your Gateway Plan:
If you are on the Your Gateway Plan then just follow the steps given under the SMS/Email Config Tab of the plugin to customize the message going out in the Email or SMS.
HOW TO CHANGE THE DESIGN OF THE OTP POPUP.
1. Go to Pop-up Design Section in the plugin settings.
HOW TO SHOW A COUNTRY CODE DROP-DOWN ON MY ULTIMATE MEMBER REGISTRATION FORM.
1. Go to the OTP Settings Section in the plugin.
2. Under the Country Code section choose your Country which will be set as default.
3. Select the “Show a country code dropdown on the phone field.” option to show a country code drop-down on your form.