DotNetNuke SAML SP Single Sign-On (SSO) module gives the ability to enable SAML Single Sign-On for your DotNetNuke applications. Using Single Sign-On you can use only one password to access your DotNetNuke application and services. Our module is compatible with all the SAML compliant Identity providers. Here we will go through a step-by-step guide to configure Single Sign-On (SSO) between DotNetNuke and PingFederate as IdP.
A] Select your Identity Provider
B] Configure your Identity Provider
1) Select the IdP-Initiated SSO and SP-Initiated SSO options on the SAML Profiles tab and click & Next.
2) Enter your desired assertion validity time from on the Assertion Lifetime tab and click Next. By default, it is configured 5 minutes for both.
3) Navigate to the Assertion Creation and click on the Configure Assertion Creation. You will be redirected to the assertion creation setup wizard.
I. In the Identity Mapping tab select STANDARD and click Next.
II. Select a Subject Name Format for the SAML_SUBJECT on the Attribute Contract tab and click Next.
III. Click Map New Adapter Instance on the Authentication Source Mapping.
IV. Select an Adapter Instance and click Next. The adapter must Include the user’s email address.
V. Select the Use only the adapter contract values in the SAML assertion option on the Mapping Method tab and click Next.
VI. Select your adapter instance as the Source and the email as the Value on the Attribute Contract Fulfilment tab and click Next.
VII. (Optional) Select any authorization conditions you would like on the Issuance Criteria tab and click Next.
VIII. Click Done on the Summary.
IX. Click Next on the Authentication Source Mapping tab.
X. Click Done on the Summary tab.
XI. Click Next on the Assertion Creation
1) Select POST for Binding and specify the single sign-on endpoint URL in the Endpoint URL field on the Assertion Consumer Service URL Click Next.
2) Select POST on the Allowable SAML Bindings tab and click Next.
3) Select your desired signature policies for assertions on the Signature Policy tab and click Next.
4) Select your desired encryption policy for assertions on the Encryption Policy tab and click Next.
5) Click Done on the Protocol Settings Summary tab.
6) Click Done on the Browser SSO Summary.
1) Select the Signing Certificate to use with the Single Sign-On service and select Include the certificate in the signature element in the Digital Signature Settings tab. Click Done.
2) Click Done on the Summary.
3) Click Next on the Credentials.
You have successfully configured PingFederate as IdP (Identity Provider)
Configure your Service Provider
Note : If you want to Enable this button on every page of the DNN site follow below steps
You can configure the DotNetNuke SAML 2.0 Single Sign-On (SSO) module with any Identity Provider such as ADFS, Azure AD, Bitium, PingFederate, G Suite, JBoss Keycloak, Okta, OneLogin, Salesforce, AWS Cognito, OpenAM, Oracle, PingFederate, PingOne, RSA SecureID, Shibboleth-2, Shibboleth-3, SimpleSAML, WSO2 or even with your own custom identity provider.
If you are looking to Single Sign-On into your sites with any SAML compliant Identity Provider then we have a separate solution for that. We do provide SSO solutions for the following:
Need Help? We are right here!