Login with Twitch for PrestaShop
Twitch is a live streaming service that focuses mainly on video game live streaming, and live broadcasts of esports competitions. Twitch also offers live music broadcasts, creative content, art, and related streaming.
By enabling PrestaShop Twitch login your viewers from Twitch can shop on your store in just a couple of clicks. Learn how to setup a twitch login for the PrestaShop store.
What is Social Login?
Social Login allows users to connect to any website using various networking platforms such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter. It is a form of single sign-on for users designed and implemented to make logging in easier for end-users. Using social login users can sign into any third-party website without having to create an account.
How does Social Login Works?
The social login process is extremely simple. Users come to your website and select whichever social login provider they want to login. They fill in their details on the social network provider’s site. Once the authentication process is completed by the social provider the user can start using your Prestashop website. If they are a new user then they are registered and if they are an existing user they are logged in.
PrestaShop Twitch Social Login (Twitch Single Sign-On (SSO)) for PrestaShop Store can be achieved by using our PrestaShop Social Login Module.
To know more about other features we provide in PrestaShop Social Login Module, you can click here.
Follow the steps below to configure Twitch Social login in PrestaShop
Configure Twitch Social Login
- Go to Twitch developers dashboard https://dev.twitch.tv/console/apps Sign in with your Twitch account.
- Click on Register Your Application.
- Then enter Name of your application. Enter Callback URL in the OAuth Redirect URL. Then select your website Category.
- Click on Create button.
- After creating application click on Manage button.
- Click on New Secret button. It will generate Client Secret key. Copy the Client ID and Client Secret from this page.
Step 2: Setup Twitch login in PrestaShop Module :
- Install Social Login Module by miniOrange. Then go to Module Manager.
- Once you have installed it, click on Configure to go to the Social login application dashboard. Here, please click on Twitch.
- Copy the Client Id and Client Secret form above setup and Paste them into the fields in Instructions.
- Click on the Save button to save the credentials. Then, Click on the Test Configuration button.
- A notification from the app will pop-up that the test configuration was successful. That means your Custom app was set properly.
- Go to the App Dashboard and click on the toggle button on Twitch icon to activate Twitch login button so that people can sign-in to your store using Twitch.
- Now, You can see the Twitch social Login button is activated on your PrestaShop Store. This will allow users to connect to your store using Twitch.
Step 3: Display Options for Social Login Icons :
- Navigate to Display Options and you will find all the available display options where you can display social login icons.
- Select all the options where you want to display social login icons.
- All of the sections that have been enabled in the display options section will have social login icons displayed.
You have successfully configured Twitch Social Login for your Prestashop Store using miniorange Social Login Module .This solution ensures that you are ready to roll out easy and secure access to your Store site using miniorange Social Login Module within minutes and without any technical knowledge.
Attractive Social Login Icons
- We also provide attractive social login icons in latest version of the social login plugin with 4 types of shapes for social login icons Round, Rounded Icons, Square and Long button. Six themes including Default, White Background, Custom Background, Hover, Custom Hover and Smart. We also provide transform effect for all types of themes and buttons.
If you are looking for anything which you cannot find, please drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org