Centrify Single Sign On (SSO) for Joomla miniOrange provides a ready to use solution for Joomla. This solution ensures that you are ready to roll out secure access to your Joomla site using Centrify within minutes.
Step 1: Configuring Centrify as Identity Provider (IdP)
- Log into Centrify as an Administrator and go to Apps from the NavBar. Click on Add Web Apps.
- In the pop-up, click on Custom tab and then click on the Add button next to SAML.
- In the new SAML App that you created under Application Settings section, enter Assertion Consumer Service URL (ACS URL) as provided in the plugin under Serivice Provider Metadata tab.
- Under User Access section, select roles that can access this app.
- Under Advanced section, pass the following parameters to the functions in the code:
>NOTE: Please do NOT change any other function calls.
||Enter SP-Entity ID/Issuer from the Service Provider Metadata tab of the module.
||Enter Recipient URL from the Service Provider Metadata tab of the module.
||Enter Destination URL from the Service Provider Metadata tab of the module.
||Enter Default Relay State from the Service Provider Metadata tab of the module.
- Under Application Settings section, scroll down to Identity Provider Info. Keep this information handy for configuring the plugin.
- Click on Download Signing Certificate to download the Signing certificate.
Step 2: Configuring Joomla as Service Provider (SP)
Step 3: Attribute Mapping (It is Optional to fill this). This is Premium feature.
- Attributes are user details that are stored in your Identity Provider.
- Attribute Mapping helps you to get user attributes from your Identity Provider (IdP) and map them to Joomla user attributes like firstname, lastname etc.
- While auto registering the users in your Joomla site these attributes will automatically get mapped to your Joomla user details.
- In miniOrange SAML plugin, go to Attribute Mapping tab and fill in all the fields.
||Name of the username attribute from IdP (Keep NameID by default)
||Name of the email attribute from IdP (Keep NameID by default)
||Name of the Role attribute from Identity Provider (IdP)
- You can check the Test Configuration Results under Serivice Provider Setup tab to get a better idea of which values to map here.
Step 4: Group Mapping (It is Optional to fill this). This is Premium feature.
- Joomla uses a concept of Roles, designed to give the site owner the ability to control what users can and cannot do within the site.
- Role mapping helps you to assign specific roles to users of a certain group in your Identity Provider (IdP).
- While auto registering, the users are assigned roles based on the group they are mapped to.
Step 5: Redirection & SSO Links.
- Go to Redirection & SSO Links tab. There are multiple features availabe in this tab like Auto redirect the user to Identity Provider and Enable Backed Login for Super Users. To use these features, click on the respective checkboxes.
Business Trial For Free
If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +1 978 658 9387.