Google apps Single Sign On (SSO) for Joomla miniOrange provides a ready to use solution for Joomla. This solution ensures that you are ready to roll out secure access to your Joomla site using Google Apps within minutes.
Step 1: Configuring Google Apps as Identity Provider (IdP)
- Go to https://admin.google.com and login to your Google Apps Administrator account.
- On the Admin Home, select More Controls Apps.
- In the App Settings, select SAML apps.
- Click on the "+" button at the bottom right corner to create a new SAML app.
- Now select SETUP MY OWN CUSTOM APP from the popup.
- On the next screen, note down the SSO URL, Entity ID URLs and download the certificate. These will be required while configuring the Plugin.
- Once you have noted the URLs and downloaded the certificate, click on Next.
- Enter the Application Name and Description. Click on Next.
- Configure the following things on the next screen:
||ACS (Assertion Consumer Service) URL from the plugin under Service Provider Metadata Tab.
||SP-EntityID / Issuer from the plugin under Service Provider Metadata Tab.
||Select Basic Information from the first dropdown. Then Primary Email from the second dropdown.
- Click on Next. Then click on Finish.
- Now go to SAML Apps again. Click on the menu link corresponding to your app (See the screenshot). Then select ON for everyone.
- From the popup, Click on TURN ON FOR EVERYONE.
Step 2: Configuring Joomla as Service Provider (SP)
- In Joomla SAML plugin, go to Service Provider Setup Tab. Enter the following values:
|Single Sign-On Service URL
||The SSO URL that you noted while configuring the Joomla site in Google Apps.
|IdP Entity ID or Issuer:
||The Entity ID that you noted while configuring the Joomla site in Google Apps.
||Open the downloaded certificate in the Notepad. Copy/paste the entire content of the file here.
- Add a button on your site login page with the following URL:
Step 3: Attribute Mapping (It is Optional to fill this). This is Premium feature.
- Attributes are user details that are stored in your Identity Provider.
- Attribute Mapping helps you to get user attributes from your Identity Provider (IdP) and map them to Joomla user attributes like firstname, lastname etc.
- While auto-registering the users in your Joomla site these attributes will automatically get mapped to your Joomla user details.
- In miniOrange SAML plugin, go to Attribute Mapping tab and fill in all the fields.
||Name of the username attribute from IdP (Keep NameID by default)
||Name of the email attribute from IdP (Keep NameID by default)
||Name of the Role attribute from Identity Provider (IdP)
- You can check the Test Configuration Results under Service Provider Setup tab to get a better idea of which values to map here.
Step 4: Group Mapping (It is Optional to fill this). This is Premium feature.
- Joomla uses a concept of Roles, designed to give the site owner the ability to control what users can and cannot do within the site.
- Role mapping helps you to assign specific roles to users of a certain group in your Identity Provider (IdP).
- While auto registering, the users are assigned roles based on the group they are mapped to.
Step 5: Redirection & SSO Links.
Business Trial For Free
If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +1 978 658 9387.