Step 1: Setup PingOne as Identity Provider
- Login to your PingOne environment as the administrator.
- click on the ONE button of Administrators.
- Click on Connections Application Add Application
- Click on Advanced Confuration Click on SAML Configure
- Enter the application details.
- Application Name : SSO Application (Any name of your choice).
- Application Description : Describe your application.
- Category : Choose your application category from the drop down list.
- Click on Next button .
- Enter the ACS URL.
- Enter Entity ID and select SLO Binding as HTTP Redirect, enter Assertion Validity Duration (in seconds) and enter Target URL (Optional) Link and click on Save and Continue
- SSO Attribute Mapping (Optional)
- Modify or add any attribute mappings as necessary for the application.
- Click on Save and Continue button
- Click on Configuration. Save the Configuration Details.
Step 2: Configuring Joomla as Service Provider (SP)
- In Joomla SAML plugin, go to Service Provider Setup Tab. There are three ways to configure the plugin:
By Metadata URL :
- Click on Upload IDP Metadata.
- Enter Metadata URL (Copy from IDP app) and click on Fetch Metadata.
By Uploading Metadata File:
- Click on Upload IDP Metadata.
- Choose metadata file and click on Upload.
Manual Configuration :
- Copy SAML Entity ID, SAML Single-Sign-On Endpoint URL and x.509 certificate from Federation Metadata document and paste it in IdP Entity ID or Issuer, Single Sign-on Service URL, x.509 Certificate fields respectively in the plugin.
|IdP Entity ID or Issuer
||SAML Entity ID in the Federation Metadata document
|Single Sign-On Service URL
||SAML Single-Sign-On Endpoint URL in the Federation Metadata document
||x.509 Certificate in the Federation Metadata document
Add a button on your site login page with the following URL:
Step 3: Attribute Mapping (It is Optional to fill this). This is Premium feature.
- Attributes are user details that are stored in your Identity Provider.
- Attribute Mapping helps you to get user attributes from your Identity Provider (IdP) and map them to Joomla user attributes like firstname, lastname etc.
- While auto registering the users in your Joomla site these attributes will automatically get mapped to your Joomla user details.
- In Joomla SAML plugin, go to Attribute Mapping tab and fill in all the fields.
||Name of the username attribute from IdP (Keep NameID by default)
||Name of the email attribute from IdP (Keep NameID by default)
||Name of the Role attribute from Identity Provider(IdP)
- You can check the Test Configuration Results under Service Provider Setup tab to get a better idea of which values to map here.
Step 4: Group Mapping (It is Optional to fill this). This is Premium feature.
- Joomla uses a concept of Roles, designed to give the site owner the ability to control what users can and cannot do within the site.
- Role mapping helps you to assign specific roles to users of a certain group in your Identity Provider (IdP).
- While auto registering, the users are assigned roles based on the group they are mapped to.
Step 5: Redirection & SSO Links.
- Go to Login Settings tab. There are multiple features availabe in this tab like Auto redirect the user to Identity Provider and Enable Backed Login for Super Users. To use these features, click on the respective checkboxes.
You have successfully completed your miniOrange SAML 2.0 SP configurations. Still, if you are facing any difficulty please mail us on
How miniorange Joomla SAML SSO plugin works?
SAML 2.0 SP Single Sign On ( SAML SSO) - Service Provider Plugin acts as a SAML 2.0 Service Provider which can be configured to establish the trust between the Joomla site and various SAML 2.0 supported Identity Providers to securely authenticate (Secure Login) the user to the Joomla site.
SAML 2.0 SP Single Sign On (SSO) - Service Provider plugin also provides Cross-Domain / Sub-domain login sharing with other Joomla websites.
We also provide a separate plugin that enables Joomla to act as an Identity Provider. It supports authentication with Joomla, user management, session management, change password, etc. You can configure any service provider with your Joomla site with the help of this plugin.
What is the use of the configuration or integration with SAML SSO?
Miniorange Provides best SAML Single Sign-On (SSO) solution to PingOne.
SSO reduces the number of attack surfaces because users only log in once each day and only use one set of credentials. Reducing login to one set of credentials improves enterprise security. When employees have to use separate passwords for each app, they usually don't.
Single Sign-On (SSO) is a highly secure user authentication process. SSO lets the users access multiple applications with a single account credential and sign out instantly with one click.
Mini orange Joomla plugin supports SSO. To provide single sign-on services for your domain, Joomla acts as a service provider (SP) through the SAML (Secure Assertion Markup Language) standard.
PingOne [SAML] Single Sign-On (SSO) login for Joomla can be achieved by using our Joomla SAML SP Single Sign-On(SSO) plugin. Our plugin is compatible with all the SAML compliant Identity providers. Here we will go through a step-by-step guide to configure SAML SSO login between the Joomla site and PingOne
SSO with PingOne :-
The Joomla SAML Single Sign-On plugin allows your PingOne users to login to the Joomla site by authenticating with their PingOne credentials(Login using PingOne / PingOne Login).
Our Joomla Single Sign-On (SAML SSO) plugin supports all the PingOne SSO use cases such as PingOne Login, PingOne Single Sign-On, PingOne Community SSO, PingOne Login(Single Sign-On) into Joomla, Login using PingOne, Login with PingOne.
This allows you to seamlessly achieve Login using PingOne, PingOne Login, PingOne Community SSO, Login with PingOne, PingOne Single Sign-On for your Joomla site.