Bitium Single Sign On (SSO) for Joomla miniOrange provides a ready to use solution for Joomla. This solution ensures that you are ready to roll out secure access to your Joomla site using Bitium within minutes.
Step 1: Configure Bitium as Identity Provider (IdP)
- Log into Bitium Admin Portal.
- Once you have logged into your Bitium Admin portal, click on the Manage button in the top navigation bar for your organization, and then click on Manage Apps.
- In the top right corner, click on Add More Apps. You will see a search box, then search for Joomla, and add the app to your Bitium account.
- Here we will start configuring SSO. First, select a name for your page, then select SAML Authentication from the dropdown menu. Once you are done, click on Install App.
- On the next screen, click on Configure Single Sign-On.(Copy the values below into the appropriate place in the SAML configuration section of Joomla - Custom URL)
- Here, we will exchange a few values between Bitium and Joomla.
||Copy/Paste ACS URL from Serivice Provider Metadata tab of the plugin
||Copy/Paste SP-EntityID / Issuer from Serivice Provider Metadata tab of the plugin
- Click on Save.
- Copy the following URL/Endpoints. These will be required while configuring the plugin. Copy the X.509 Certificate text area value and keep it handy.
- Now, assign the Joomla app to your users in the Apps Overview section.
Step 2: Configuring Joomla as Service Provider (SP)
Step 3: Attribute Mapping (It is Optional to fill this). This is Premium feature.
- Attributes are user details that are stored in your Identity Provider.
- Attribute Mapping helps you to get user attributes from your Identity Provider (IdP) and map them to Joomla user attributes like firstname, lastname etc.
- While auto-registering the users in your Joomla site these attributes will automatically get mapped to your Joomla user details.
- In miniOrange SAML plugin, go to Attribute Mapping tab and fill in all the fields.
||Name of the username attribute from IdP (Keep NameID by default)
||Name of the email attribute from IdP (Keep NameID by default)
||Name of the Role attribute from Identity Provider (IdP)
- You can check the Test Configuration Results under Serivice Provider Setup tab to get a better idea of which values to map here.
Step 4: Group Mapping (It is Optional to fill this). This is Premium feature.
- Joomla uses a concept of Roles, designed to give the site owner the ability to control what users can and cannot do within the site.
- Role mapping helps you to assign specific roles to users of a certain group in your Identity Provider (IdP).
- While auto-registering, the users are assigned roles based on the group they are mapped to.
Step 5: Redirection & SSO Links.
Business Trial For Free
If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 978 658 9387.