Okta Single Sign On (SSO) For Joomla miniOrange provides a ready to use solution for Joomla. This solution ensures that you are ready to roll out secure access to your Joomla site using Okta within minutes.
Step 1: Configuring Okta as Identity Provider (IdP)
- Go to https://login.okta.com and login into Okta.
- Log into Okta Admin Console.
- Select Classic UI from top right of the dropdown.
- Click on Add Applications.
- Click on Create New App.
- Click on the SAML 2.0.
- In General Settings, enter App Name and click on Next.
- In SAML Settings, enter the following:
| Single Sign On URL
|| Enter ACS (AssertionConsumerService) URL from the Service Provider Metadata tab of the module.
| Audience URI (SP Entity ID)
|| Enter SP Entity ID / Issuer from the Service Provider Metadata tab of the module.
| Default Relay State
|| Enter Relay State from the Service Provider Metadata tab of the module.
| Name ID Format
|| Select E-Mail Address as a Name Id from dropdown list.
| Application Username
|| Okta username.
- Configure Attribute Statements and Group Attribute Statement (Optional).
Step 2: Assigning Groups/People
- After creating and configuring the app go to the Assignment Tab in Okta.
- Here we select the peoples and groups you want to give access to login through this app. Assign this to the people/group you would to give access to.
- After assigning the people/groups to your app go to Sign On tab.
- Click on view setup instructions to get the SAML Login URL (Single Sign on URL), Single Logout URL, IDP Entity ID and X.509 Certificate.
Step 3: Configuring Joomla as Service Provider (SP)
1. Click on Upload IDP Metadata to upload your IDP(okta-idp) metadata.
2. Choose metadata file and click on Upload.
II. Manual Configuration :
- In miniOrange SAML plugin, go to Service Provider Setup Tab. Enter the following values:
|IDP Entity ID
||Identity Provider Issuer from Okta Setup Instructions
|Single Sign-On Service URL
||Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL from okta-idp Setup Instructions
||X.509 Certifiacate from Okta Setup Instructions
III. Add a button on your site login page with the following URL:
Step 4: Attribute Mapping (It is Optional to fill this). This is Premium feature.
- Attributes are user details that are stored in your Identity Provider.
- Attribute Mapping helps you to get user attributes from your Identity Provider (okta-idp) and map them to Joomla user attributes like firstname, lastname etc.
- While auto registering the users in your Joomla site these attributes will automatically get mapped to your Joomla user details.
- In miniOrange SAML plugin, go to Attribute Mapping tab and fill in all the fields.
||Name of the username attribute from IdP (Keep NameID by default)
||Name of the email attribute from IdP (Keep NameID by default)
||Name of the Role attribute from your Identity Provider (okta-idp)
- You can check the Test Configuration Results under Service Provider Setup tab to get a better idea of which values to map here.
Step 5: Group Mapping (It is Optional to fill this). This is Premium feature.
- Joomla uses a concept of Roles, designed to give the site owner the ability to control what users can and cannot do within the site.
- Role mapping helps you to assign specific roles to users of a certain group in your Identity Provider (okta-idp).
- While auto registering, the users are assigned roles based on the group they are mapped to.
Step 6: Redirection & SSO Links.
- Go to Redirection & SSO Links tab. There are multiple features availabe in this tab like Auto redirect the user to Identity Provider and Enable Backed Login for Super Users.To use these features, click on the respective checkboxes.
Miniorange Joomla SAML Single sign-on(web SSO) supports multiple known IDPs like ADFS, Azure AD, Salesforce, Shibboleth, Onelogin, Okta,
SimpleSamlPhp, Google apps, Bitium, OpenAM, miniorange IDP, Centrify and many more.
sso id, onelogin, single sign-on, saml, adfs, Service provider, Joomla extensions, single sign-on sso, Web SSO, miniorange, Joomla plugins, single sign-on solutions, Salesforce sso, saml php, saml authentication, SAML Service provider, saml 2.0 specification, google IDP, assertion consumer service, Joomla saml acs URL, saml issuer, saml claims, Joomla salesforce as Identity Provider, single sign-on solution open-source, saml 2.0 identity provider, saml IDP vs sp, Saml 2.0, SAML SP metadata, saml client, saml library, saml documentation, saml attribute mapping, Joomla SSO, best single sign-on solution, saml relying party, Joomla authentication plugin.
Business Trial For Free
If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +1 978 658 9387.