ScreenSteps application is used as internal training material to access enterprise office work related solutions in the form of a learning resource. Employees can access this internal knowledge base with a single click if ScreenSteps is accessible using their account in Joomla. If Single Sign-On is possible between ScreenSteps and Joomla, the user can access the training material automatically, by putting credentials of username and password only once.
The employees accessing ScreenSteps have an account in Joomla/WordPress/Drupal. The login time for ScreenSteps must be less for the employees since quick information is needed. If separate credentials are put in Joomla and ScreenSteps, it’s tedious to log in by employees. Also, an integration is lacking which can allow this.
A miniOrange Joomla IDP plugin is the required integration which is used to allow Single Sign-On between Joomla and ScreenSteps. We have IDP plugin for WordPress, Joomla and Drupal which can help the user to log in to ScreenSteps using Joomla/WordPress/Drupal credentials.
Steps to configure ScreenSteps for Single Sign-On:
- Sign in to ScreenSteps with any of your test credentials and Click Admin.
- Select Account Management. Select Remote Authentication and click on Create Authentication Endpoint on the top right corner of the page.
- Add any desired Title and keep the mode to SAML.
- Obtain all the below values from IDP and paste in the required field.
- Click Update.
- Please use the numeric value at the end of the SAML Consumer URL. Use it as the Authentication Endpoint ID when configuring the app in Joomla.
|Remote Login URL|
|Log Out URL|
Steps to configure Joomla plugin:
- Download the plugin from miniOrange and Install it in Joomla.
- Configure Single Sign-On Settings in your IDP.
- Configuring the plugin.
- Adding SAML login link in Joomla.
The major steps to configure Joomla are:
Step by step guide to set up Single Sign-On in Joomla.
Step 1: Download the plugin from miniOrange and Install it in Joomla.
- You can download the plugin zip file from the download link https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/saml-2-0-idp-for-joomla/
- Login as administrator in Joomla.
- Go to Extensions->Manage->Install.
- Here you have three options to choose from to install your extension. In most cases, you should go with the ‘Upload Package File’ option.
- The three options are:
- Upload Package File
- Install from Directory
- Install from URL
Step 2: Register/Login into the plugin using miniOrange account.
- In My Account tab, under ‘Register with miniOrange’, enter your email ID and password to create an account.
- If an account already exists, you will be asked to login into your account
Step 3: Configure the plugin.
- In the Joomla admin interface, go to Extensions->Manage->Manage.
Here you can enable and disable Joomla plugins and edit plugin details and options. It is also useful for quickly enabling or disabling multiple plugins at the same time.
- Search for miniOrange in plugins.
- Enable all the extensions of the plugin.
- Go to Components->miniOrange Joomla IDP.
- In the Identity Provider tab, collect the information given there to configure Screensteps.
- In the Service Provider tab, click on ‘New’ and configure your Service Provider settings (SP Entity ID, ACS URL, NameID Format) which can be obtained from Account Management tab of Screensteps.
- In the Attribute/Role Mapping, select the NameID attribute.
- Click on the Save button on the top left.
- Now you can test your configurations by clicking on Test Configuration button.