WSO2 is an open source identity management tool through which various applications can be integrated. It offers API platforms and web services. Utilizing Single Sign-On to make accessing different applications from WSO2 as easy as possible improves the login time and overall security. Single Sign-On offers swift and secure access to applications like WordPress, and benefits the user experience greatly.
While using applications like WordPress, logging in with separate usernames and passwords to each of them is inefficient and vastly inferior to using Single Sign-On. Without the implementation of Single Sign-On, there is no automatic login process, in which a user’s credentials are provided only once.
miniOrange has built the OAuth Client Plugin, the ideal solution to the above challenge. It contains an array of features created to make the login process as seamless as possible. Users can now log in to different applications through WSO2 with a single pair of credentials, and with an assurance of security.
Steps to Set up Single Sign-On in WSO2 server:
- Login to WSO2 account.
- In identity cloud, click Start Configuration.
- Click the Applications tab.
- Select Add Application.
- Enter the application name WordPress.
- You will move to Custom applications where you have to put Add.
- Select OpenID Connect from Select Security Protocol list.
- You can obtain Client id and Client Secret from this screenshot.
Steps below can be referred to configure Oauth client plugin with WSO2:
- Obtain Client ID and Client Secret from WSO2 account.
- Configure your miniOrange OAuth plugin with Client ID, Client Secret, OAuth end-points and scope as given below.
|Authorize end point :||https://domain-name/oauth2/authorize|
|Access token end point :||https://domain-name/oauth2endpoints/token|
|Get user info endpoint :||https://domain-name/oauth2/token|
- Configure Widget to show login button on site.
- Go to website and press a button to login with WSO2.