Why should I use the Google login on my WordPress site?
Most Internet users are still logged in to their Google Login accounts. With a one-click Google Social login on your WordPress login page, your users can quickly log in to your website using their Gmail account. It saves them time, and they wouldn't have to enter their login details at any time.
How can I display a Google login button on my WordPress site?
If you not able to Add Google Social login icons on your custom login/registration page of your website, you can use our
This allows you to show Login with Google option when a User tries to Sign up or Login to your website.
Many people love this button because they could save time because of no need to register and remember the password as well.
All they need is their existing Google accounts.
If you interested in allowing users to login by a Google account on your WordPress website then this guide is for you!
Step 1: Configure Google Social Login In WordPress :
- Go to Google developers console at https://console.cloud.google.com/cloud-resource-manager and Sign up/Login with your Google developer account.
- After sign-in, click on Create project.
- Enter a Name for the Project, and optionally, edit the provided Project ID. Click on Create.
- Wait for the Project to be created.
- Click on Left side Menu and go to APIs & Services -> OAuth consent screen.
- Click on Select a Project.
- Select the newly created Project by clicking on the Project Name that you entered in the previous step.
- Select External as User Type and click on Create.
- You are prompted to Edit App Information. Enter App Name & User support Email.
- Add Authorized Domain from your miniOrange social login plugin by clicking on the Add Doman button. Add Developer contact information. Then click on Save and Continue.
- On the Scopes screen Click on Add or Remove Scopes. Check '.../auth/userinfo.email' and '.../auth/userinfo.profile'. Scroll down, Click on Save and Continue.
- On the Test users screen click on Add Users. Add a few trusted users to test your app. Mind well, these users cannot be removed. Scroll down, Click on Save and Continue. Scroll down, Click on Back to Dashboard.
- From the Left side Menu, Click on Credentials then click on Create Credential from dropdown select Oauth client ID.
- From Application Type drop down, Select Web Application.
- Enter client name and Add your Authorized Redirect URL from the miniOrange social login plugin. Click on Create.
- Copy Client ID and Client Secret and paste it in the miniOrange Social Login plugin in the App ID and App Secret fields respectively.
- You can also click on the client name on the Credentials screen to view the Client ID and Client Secret.
- Click on Left side Menu and go to APIs & Services -> OAuth consent screen. Under Publishing Status Click on Publish App and Confirm.
Step 2: Set credentials in miniOrange Social Login Plugin
- go to miniOrange Social Login Plugin → Click on Configure Apps → click on Google:
- Copy the Client Id and Client Secret form above setup and Paste them into the fields in Google Instructions.
- Then click on Save & Test Configuration button.
- A new window will appears right now and ask you to login to your Google account. Login with the account which you used to register the account in Google for Developer. Press Continue as … to complete the login process.
- A notification from the plugin that The test was successful will be shown. That means your Custom app will set properly.
If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 978 658 9387.