WordPress Two Factor Authentication > Pricing Plans > Login with Telegram
When it comes to user authentication there are various points that need to be taken into consideration. Users need to make many efforts like installing an authenticator app, Adding security questions (quite a few times, answers of which are hard to remember), or paying extra money for an SMS gateway or email gateway when using a one time password over SMS or email.
Telegram is one of the most popular messaging apps that supports end-to-end encryption with up to 200 million users.
miniOrange two-factor authentication plugin for WordPress provides the option to log in with a one time password received in Telegram.
Login with telegram with miniOrange two-factor authentication secures WordPress login by adding an extra security layer of telegram verification. The easy to set up, telegram verification also works on WordPress login forms like Woocommerce, ultimate member, Restrict Content Pro, Theme My Login. Also, compatible with many more WordPress forms and for various WordPress integrations.
In this simple way of user verification, you need to search miniorange2fa_bot on your telegram app, and then you have to send a /start message to get started with telegram verification. The miniOrange bot sends you a chat id, after verifying the chat id, the telegram verification is added to your WordPress login form. The ease of time and simple way of authentication helps you to secure your WordPress account.
You can download miniOrange 2-factor plugin using the following link.
What’s the impact of login with WhatsApp?
All the WordPress users who try to login to WordPress can login only after authentication by validating one time passcode received on their telegram.
The Login flow:
Login with Username and Telegram verification as Passwordless Login
- Enter the Username and then click on the Login with Telegram button on the WordPress login page.
- Enter the one-time passcode you received on your Telegram account, enter that security token and click on the Validate button./br>
- Successfully logged in to the WordPress account.
How to secure WordPress account log in with Telegram verification?
Follow these steps to Set up OTP Over Telegram:
- Go to your WordPress instance and log in as an administrator.
- Now, Click on the miniOrange 2-factor plugin visible in the menu to the left.
- You can set up OTP over Telegram as a two-factor method in two ways.
Advanced Setting setup
- Click on the Advanced Settings button.
- Go to the Setup Two Factor tab from the navigation.
- You can see the list of Authentication methods here. Click on the Configure button OTP Over Telegram.
- Now, we have to fill the following details for configuration.
- Install and Open the Click the link:- Telegram app.
- Search the miniorange2fa_bot and click on it.
- After that click on the /Start button, then you will receive 8 digits chat id on your telegram app.
- Enter the chat ID and Click on Verify button.
- After that, you will receive a one-time passcode on your registered Telegram account. Enter it and Click on Validate OTP.
- The two-factor Setup has been done successfully. miniOrange provides test configuration option to test the setup, to make sure whether the setup has been done successfully or not.
- Enter the one-time passcode you received on your Telegram account, and click on the Validate Otp button.
- You have Successfully logged in to the WordPress account.
Logout and Configure setup
- Click on the Logout and configure button.
- Then enter your credentials and click on the login.
- After Successful Login to WordPress. You will get a prompt to configure two-factor. Select the Checkbox of OTP Over TELEGRAM.
- Install the Telegram app from the play store and open it.
- Search the miniorange2fa_bot and click on it.
- After that click on the /Start button then you will receive 8-digits chat id on your telegram app.
- Enter the chat ID in the section beside and Click on Send OTP.
- After that, you will receive a one-time passcode on your registered Telegram account. Enter it and Click on Verify Code.
- The setup has been done successfully. miniOrange also provides backup codes to get back to your account, in case you lost your two-factor authentication ability you can use those backup codes to get back to your WordPress account.
- Click the Finish button.
- So after this setup whenever the user tries to log in to your WordPress account, the user needs to verify his identity with OTP Over Telegram as two-factor authentication.
What are the add-ons related to Telegram verification?
Enforce Telegram verification to WordPress users during user enrollment
With the miniOrange two-factor plugin for WordPress login, you can notify WordPress users to configure Telegram verification during inline registration so that the second security layer will get added to their WordPress account.
Telegram verification compatible with Woocommerce forms
This method of verification is compatible with almost all WordPress login forms and also with the WooCommerce form.
Passwordless Login with Telegram Verification
You can set Passwordless Login to your WordPress login with no worries by setting up Telegram verification with just simple steps.
miniOrange login security also provides customization options. You can customize the two-factor prompt user interface according to the design of your WordPress website.
In case you lose your two-factor authentication ability, you will also get backup methods like an alternate two-factor method or alternate extra security solution to get back to your WordPress account.