Facebook is the most used social networking platform in the world.
With over 2.7 billion users, Facebook is the biggest social network worldwide.
Almost everyone who has an internet connection has an account on Facebook.
86% of users report being bothered by having to create new accounts on websites.
Thus we can make your website much easier to access by allowing users to connect using Facebook.
As a result, when users come to your website they will not have to fill up another registration form or remember another set of username and password. They can just hop right in by taking advantage of Facebook Login and start using your website.
Why should I implement Facebook Login on my website?
Integrating social login on your website has a lot of benefits.
When users come to your website they can start using it in seconds.
They will not have to fill up any forms or remember another set of credentials.
All the users you get on your website and their data will already be verified by Facebook.
You can be assured that your user data is authentic.
The login process consisting of authentication and authorization will be done on Facebook’s side.
This only makes things easier for you as you don’t have to deal with managing user accounts and forgotten passwords.
How to add login with Facebook on your WordPress website.
The easiest way to allow login with Facebook on any WordPress website is to use a Social login plugin.
miniOrange Social login is one of the most popular social login plugins with lots of free features.
Following is a list of the Facebook Integrations we provide.
Free Login with Facebook
Display - Default display on login, register, and comment forms.
Shortcode - Display login icon anywhere on your site.
Customization - Completely customizable login icons. Choose from different themes, shapes, any size, and any color.
Social share count for Facebook.
Pre-configured Facebook login - No setup required. One-click enables Facebook login on your website.
Facebook Like button
Follow the steps below to configure login with Facebook for your website.
Step 1: Configure Facebook Login into Your WordPress :
- Go to Facebook developers console click here and sign up/Login with your facebook developer account.
- Go to the Facebook Developers apps page and click the button to Add New App.
- Select the options as your need to create an AppID.
- Enter the App Display Name and Add Contact Email for your Facebook app respectively then click on Create App button to save your settings and create an App Id for your app and complete the Security Check.
- Select Facebook Login by clicking on the Set Up button .
- Select the Web option as you are trying to integrate your Facebook Login with a website.
- Next, enter the Site URL (from your miniOrange social login plugin WordPress) and click Save. Then, click Continue.
- Go to Settings -> Basic to view your App Id and App Secret (Refer to the image below).
- App Domain: Write your website’s domain there.
- Terms of Service: Fill in this box with the URL linked to your website’s terms of service page.
- User Data Deletion:drop down, Select Data Deletion Instruction URL (Enter the URL of your page with the instructions on how users can delete their accounts on your site).
- choose a category from the dropdown in the Category field and pick the App Purpose option that describes your App the best, then press Save Changes to save your configurations.
- Change you app status from In Development to Live by clicking on OFF as shown in the image below. Then, click on confirm to confirm your change of status.
- Enter the Callback/Redirect URL (from your miniOrange social login plugin WordPress) in the Valid OAuth Redirect URIs field. Click on the Save changes to save your configurations.
Note: Most importantly, your Callback/Redirect URI should be https and not http. It is mandatory while configuring Facebook Login in miniOrange social login plugin for WordPress Website's.
- Copy your App ID and your App Secret and save it in your miniOrange social login plugin WordPress. (under client id and client secret field respectively).
Step 2: Set credentials in miniOrange Social Login Plugin WordPress
- Go to miniOrange Social Login plugin → click on Configure Apps → click on Facebook Login Icon:
- Copy the Client Id and Client Secret form above setup and Paste them into the fields in Facebook Login Instructions.
- Then click on Save & Test Configuration button.
- A new window will appears and ask you to login to your Facebook account. Login with the account which you used to register the account in Facebook for Developer. Press Continue as … to complete the login process.
- A notification from the plugin that The test was successful will be shown. That means your Custom app will set properly.
- Now,You can see the facebook social Login button is activated in your WordPress Website.
- Facebook Login Button looks like the following image on WordPress.
- If you want to integrate Facebook login download our plugin.Just click Get this plugin button.