Step 4: User Profile
We will be setting up user profile attributes for Crowd. If your users are stored in a Read-Only directory, please check Disable Attribute Mapping in theUser Profile tab and follow the steps given in Matching a User.
a. Finding correct attributes
- Go to Configure OAuth tab. Scroll down and click on Test Configuration.
- You will see all the values returned by your OAuth/OpenID Provider to Crowd in a table. If you don't see a value for First Name, Last Name, Email, or Username, make the required settings in your OAuth/OpenID Provider to return this information.
- Once you see all the values in Test Configuration, keep the window open and go to the User Profile tab.
b. Setting profile attributes
- In this tab, fill the values by matching the name of the attribute. For instance, if the Attribute Name in the Test Configuration window is NameID, enter NameID against Username
- Setting up both Username and Email is required if you want to let users register. If you want existing users to the only login, configure the attribute using which you will match the user in Crowd.
c. Matching a User
When the user logs into
Crowd, one of the user's data/attributes coming in from the OAuth/OpenID Provider is used to search the user in Crowd. This is used to detect the user in Crowd and log in the user to the same account.
- Go to the User Profile tab
- Select Username or Email for Login/Search Crowd user account by
- Enter the attribute name from OAuth/OpenID Provider which corresponds to Username or Email using Finding Correct Attributes